• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone watches "Blue bloods"?

speedy

NES Member
My wife watches this show, and as a good hubby, I have sat next to her to spend some time with her and watch the show, and perhaps score some. But you know what, the show is not bad at all. Any thoughts?

I understand that Bebe Neuwirth is joining the cast. I might have to tune in and check [STRIKE=her][/STRIKE]it out.

Hmmm...Irish cop family...how many family members got on the Job because of the old man and screwed some better qualified poor schlep out of a job because they had no connections or juice? I like Tom Selleck but I'll pass on this show. Hits too close to home.

Again, I would say that this is one of those social media type threads. Guessing that the under 35 OP is watching the show and somehow just "has to know" what his NES buds are feeling. Of course people just have to respond, again giving us way too much info about what they are doing (watching the show right now) to their personal likes and dislikes. Now if it was just a couple of guys drinkin' a beer shootin' the breeze it would be a different story, but it is not. It's everyone reading from your average NES member, to TV marketing folks (who regularly troll the Internet for feedback) to foreign governments. Again you folks complain about the invasion of your privacy but you give up so much.

Now before I get accused of overreacting or being overly analytical, let me share this thought with you: this thread is pretty harmless, but when you respond to these types of threads you are merely conditioning yourself to revealing more information so it becomes second nature to you. The next thread you respond to might not be so innocent. [wink]

Last edited:
Hmmm...Irish cop family...how many family members got on the Job because of the old man and screwed some better qualified poor schlep out of a job because they had no connections or juice? I like Tom Selleck but I'll pass on this show. Hits too close to home.

Again, I would say that this is one of those social media type threads. Guessing that the under 35 OP is watching the show and somehow just "has to know" what his NES buds are feeling. Of course people just have to respond, again giving us way too much info about what they are doing (watching the show right now) to their personal likes and dislikes. Now if it was just a couple of guys drinkin' a beer shootin' the breeze it would be a different story, but it is not. It's everyone reading from your average NES member, to TV marketing folks (who regularly troll the Internet for feedback) to foreign governments. Again you folks complain about the invasion of your privacy but you give up so much.

Now before I get accused of overreacting or being overly analytical, let me share this thought with you: this thread is pretty harmless, but when you respond to these types of threads you are merely conditioning yourself to revealing more information so it becomes second nature to you. The next thread you respond to might not be so innocent. [wink]

you must must be a hell of a fun guy to hang around with. Do you remove your tin foil hat when you shower or do you consider showering a govt conspiracy? [laugh]

you must must be a hell of a fun guy to hang around with. Do you remove your tin foil hat when you shower or do you consider showering a govt conspiracy? [laugh]

If you knew what I did for a living you would be less inclined to mock me and I'm dead serious.

Please read Atty Foley's thread and esp LenS's replies. This is an innocent thread but in reinforces social media behaviors.

Last edited:

What's the point then Mark? Why do you come here? Serious question, I'm not being a jerk. If no one "revealed" anything about themselves or discussed what they do with their time, wtf would anyone talk about?

Seems like a typical cop show. +1 for Selleck but meh, pass. I guess this stuff just isn't for me.

Now Justified, that's one hell of a series. Olyphant is the man.

If you knew what I did for a living you would be less inclined to mock me and I'm dead serious.

Please read Atty Foley's thread and esp LenS's replies. This is an innocent thread but in reinforces social media behaviors.

This is more of a "opsec social media" violating post than op's. You id'ed yourself as a high value target. Everyone else in this thread is a nobody.

What's the point then Mark? Why do you come here? Serious question, I'm not being a jerk. If no one "revealed" anything about themselves or discussed what they do with their time, wtf would anyone talk about?

Talk about guns maybe on a firearms forum? Oh wait I guess I'll go talk about guns on a cop show forum... got it [thumbsup]

I would respond, but what ever I say will be scrutinized by someone on this forum, I use to post things, now I mostly look at the classifieds, place an ad now and then.

Dear .gov. I love blue bloods and generally watch it from my DVR late on Friday night because I hate commercials and fast forward through them, please don't take away the DVr...thank you

I'm afraid that this thread, however well meant, has...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom