Anyone watch the first episode of "Black Mirror" on Netflix? What did I just watch?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 23 year old nephew tells me that there's a new series on Netflix called "black shadow" and it's similar to what the "twilight zone" offered only modern version. I decided to watch the first episode and all I can saw is that I sat there, slackjawed, not knowing how to react to what they put up on the screen. It was SO off the wall that I literally had the remote in my hand ready to bail. But, I didn't. I decided I would bare with it just to see how they would resolve the horrific issue that they were faced with. I would love to hear from anyone else who braved that show. It's so far away from what our US cable shows offer that it's impossible to compare. I had to go wash my face and hands at the end.

Rome

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So my 23 year old nephew tells me that there's a new series on Netflix called "black shadow" and it's similar to what the "twilight zone" offered only modern version. I decided to watch the first episode and all I can saw is that I sat there, slackjawed, not knowing how to react to what they put up on the screen. It was SO off the wall that I literally had the remote in my hand ready to bail. But, I didn't. I decided I would bare with it just to see how they would resolve the horrific issue that they were faced with. I would love to hear from anyone else who braved that show. It's so far away from what our US cable shows offer that it's impossible to compare. I had to go wash my face and hands at the end.

Rome
HA! I was the same way....

Just so you know - Each Black Mirror show is completely different than the next. New characters and plots so there is no story line. Theorhetically you can jump around if you want too....

I ended up watching all in a row over the past month or so. I think each episode was good. Some leave you scratching your head like (how is that possible). Or some leave you wondering if that is how our society will end up.

Each show has to do with technology and how it plays such a major roll in our lives.... some shows are actually sad, as I can picture some/all of the presumptive technology ruling our lives.

I would stick it out. The second episode is the extreme opposite of the first. ....and I think every episode after that fits somewhere in between.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Trailer for season 3.

Keep in mind that season 1 had like 3 episodes and season 2 had like 4 episodes.... not a long series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked really enjoyed every episode except the very first one. It wasn't bad by any means, just not nearly as good as the rest.

JDL

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did a binge watch last month watched all the episodes the same night and into the wee hours of the morning. I just could not stop watching. Great show, each one is different and revolves around some type of high tech/social media. It is very much like an updated Twilight Zone for the 21st century. Also make sure you watch all three seasons.

Last edited:

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just got done with the last episode. I likened it to the new EZpass system everyone seems to love here in MA....

The .gov had an opportunity to overreach and they did.... Same here in MA with the flyby EZpass bridges...

Except in black mirror it was drone bees....

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I watched the first two episodes. I don't know. I was like what, what, why? I may watch the third, does it get a little more upbeat? Or at least less depressing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can you just watch starting at season 3, or do you have to watch all of season one and two before ?

drumenigma

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I watched the first two episodes. I don't know. I was like what, what, why? I may watch the third, does it get a little more upbeat? Or at least less depressing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I just watched the third and I would say no. It's probably the most depressing of the three.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah its pretty depressing if you think about it. But i honestly think some ideas will happen.

One episode evolves around living forever through a virtual world... Its super weird but billionaires and millionaires are spending money right now for research to live forever.... So if you want a glimpse into what your kids or grand kids will live though you should watch.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just tried to watch it because if you douchebags.
I got through about five minute before I was completely disgusted. Talk about annoying. As is I don't deal with enough of these idiots in my real life. Now I got to see these dopes on tv.
it embodied everything I hate about modern life, with everyone all connected in their phones.

yes I have an I phone but I still manage to relate to people through normal interaction rather than "likes"

still old old school somewhat

Shawnyc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Added it to my list, still trying to get through Fuller House. Sounds like it will be quite the transition.

rocket500

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Show is rough, man. I made it thru 3 episodes then tapped out. Disturbing. Well done and thought provoking but hard to digest.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm told the first episode is really tough, but the rest are much much better. Haven't gotten to watch it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness some of you, at least, have had the same reaction as me. dumped it from my list. There's much better stuff on for the limited time I watch the tube.

Top Bottom