• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone using a RCBS automatic bench priming tool ?

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
If so, can you please share thoughts/experiences with it. I am looking for a better priming system than my Lee Turret offers. I won't use hand primers due to carpal tunnel issues in my wrists so I am thinking this is a good alternative. I normally keep containers of cleaned and primed cases ready to go in various calibers so that the loading process (when I need a specific caliber) is simply, flare, powder drop, seat bullet and then crimp die (.45 acp and .40 S&W). I usually do a light crimp to finish 'em off.
I found the unit on Midway for $95.00 and 2 additional primer tubes run $25.00 more. It seems like a good investment unless people have horror stories.
Thanks..

The RCBS bench primer is fantastic. I'm not sure if mine is the "automatic" version, but its the one with the lever, u putone in, drop the lever, pull the lever back out, and put another one in, rinse repeat....Awesome. I use it primarily for priming 223 cases, but I can't see why it wouldn't rock out pistol cases.

The bench primer won't affect how you flare/drop/seat/crimp etc, nor does it care.

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/Ma...creenlabel=index&productId=2886&route=C06J030 is the one I have

Thanks, That is the one I just ordered up.. Glad to hear.. I ordered an additional small and large primer tube so I will have 2 of each.

The RCBS bench primer is fantastic. I'm not sure if mine is the "automatic" version, but its the one with the lever, u putone in, drop the lever, pull the lever back out, and put another one in, rinse repeat....Awesome. I use it primarily for priming 223 cases, but I can't see why it wouldn't rock out pistol cases.

The bench primer won't affect how you flare/drop/seat/crimp etc, nor does it care.

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/Ma...creenlabel=index&productId=2886&route=C06J030 is the one I have

I use one, and once you get a rhythm going it is quite efficient .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with all above. My only issue is that the rubber cover on the priming handle is a bit thin, and at one time it would give me blisters. Solution, of course, is to wear a leather glove.

You do want to be sensitive to the tube running out of primers. If this gets by you, the priming punch will get forced into the primer pocket of the case. Sort of a bitch to remove and the case is ruined.

Back
Top Bottom