• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone used dstarinfo.com?

dans

NES Member
I just got a new ICOM ID51A+2 and was looking on youtube for some programming videos. One showed how to download and install a list of repeaters for a specific area then use the list in the radio. However, when I download the list, all of the repeaters seem to be D-STAR. The video said that all repeaters, not just D-STAR, were available.

Can anyone verify this for me?

I have 2 Icom ID-5100s for my vehicles. They are D-Star. I used RTSystems software/cable to parse out just the repeaters (both D-Star and FM) that I wanted on the radio. That's what you'll need to do to get it setup so you aren't trying to reach places that are out of range and both D-Star and FM.

Thanks, Len! I've got the software on order and it should arrive today.

Man, I still do not get how D-STAR works. I've jumped on it a few times on the Westford repeater, but I do not understand how to join specific rooms or groups or whatever you call it.

Wish I could find a "how-to" video for my IC7100.

I have 2 Icom ID-5100s for my vehicles. They are D-Star. I used RTSystems software/cable to parse out just the repeaters (both D-Star and FM) that I wanted on the radio. That's what you'll need to do to get it setup so you aren't trying to reach places that are out of range and both D-Star and FM.

I got the software and programmed the ID51A and it works great. I decided to add a radio to my car so I went out and bought an IC-5100 and everything I needed to install it (according to HRO). I just finished installing and programming it and ran into two problems.

1) The software for the ID51 and IC5100 can't share files. I had to cut and paste everything from one to the other.

2) I didn't know that the speaker is in the main unit and not the microphone like my last rig. I went to key up the local repeater and heard the report coming from my trunk. LOL! I guess I'll be looking for a cheap speaker now.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom