Anyone use the new CFE BLK powder yet?

84ta406

NES Member
Like the title says, anyone use it yet? Ive had really good results with CFE pistol and CFE 223 and considering picking this up for my .300AAC since it was formulated around it and 6.8SPC as they say it works well in it.

Last edited:
I've loaded over 1000 pistol rounds with CFE powder. It works just fine in 45, 9 and 40 Cal. Out of curiosity, I tried it as a light load in .38 Special and it worked fine there too. Because I'm producing range bullets for 7-15 yards I load it just .5gr over the min as I don't need anything more for range use. If you load it on the light side it tends to soot up a bit, but I think there are other powders which behave similarly?

I've used CFE223 too, works fine in in my 223. This I did a work up with the crono and settled for 25.5gr with a 60gr bullet. Can't say that it's superior to other powders, it loads fine and works consistently well.

It meters well, although I've just used some TAC in my 308 and that stuff is very nice metering powder.

I've loaded over 1000 pistol rounds with CFE powder. It works just fine in 45, 9 and 40 Cal. Out of curiosity, I tried it as a light load in .38 Special and it worked fine there too. Because I'm producing range bullets for 7-15 yards I load it just .5gr over the min as I don't need anything more for range use. If you load it on the light side it tends to soot up a bit, but I think there are other powders which behave similarly?

I've used CFE223 too, works fine in in my 223. This I did a work up with the crono and settled for 25.5gr with a 60gr bullet. Can't say that it's superior to other powders, it loads fine and works consistently well.

It meters well, although I've just used some TAC in my 308 and that stuff is very nice metering powder.

We are referring to CFE Black. Not CFE Pistol or 223

Back
Top Bottom