anyone use royal purple gun oil?

I just found out that royal purple makes gun oil. I am a huge fan of royal purple and use their oil,ATF, gear lube and purple ice in my mustang and my truck with great results. Here is a link - http://royalpurple.com/gun-oil.html

I was wondering what everyone thinks?

Not sure if thats sarcasm or not but that's ok. This is a quote from the royal purple web site

QUOTE "Royal Purple’s Synthetic Gun Oil is specifically formulated to provide exceptional protection against wear, rust and saltwater corrosion and fouling. It works well in a variety of temperatures and will not thicken in cold weather.

Its performance advantages come from Synerlec, Royal Purple’s proprietary chemical technology that strengthens the oil for unmatched performance and protection.

World Champion Sporting Clay Shooter and Elite Shooting School Instructor Bobby Fowler, Jr. said, “I’ve tried every gun lube out there. None of them compare to Royal Purple.”QUOTE

If they put the same energy in development for the gun oil as they do for motor oil then I'm sure it is a superior product.

Save your money. There is no science that says there product is better than anyone else's. Your paying for there ads on Power Block. I don't see why Mobile 1 wouldn't work fine. I've never had any trouble with any of the lower cost oils.

Save your money. There is no science that says there product is better than anyone else's. Your paying for there ads on Power Block. I don't see why Mobile 1 wouldn't work fine. I've never had any trouble with any of the lower cost oils.

The gun oil only cost $8 so its the same I paid for Hoppes 9 at Dicks.

I have seen a car pick up 5RWHP on a dyno from mobil 1 to royal purple, we wanted to test it. Granted the car was a blown cobra with a built motor so the gain is higher than you would see in a normal car.

I drive my mustang hard and race at NE dragway often, so I use the best lubricants I can get. I also beat the shit out of my truck on a daily basis and plow in the winter. I want to protect my investments because I worked my ass off to get it. Same thing goes for the guns.

The gun oil only cost $8 so its the same I paid for Hoppes 9 at Dicks.

I have seen a car pick up 5RWHP on a dyno from mobil 1 to royal purple, we wanted to test it. Granted the car was a blown cobra with a built motor so the gain is higher than you would see in a normal car.

I drive my mustang hard and race at NE dragway often, so I use the best lubricants I can get. I also beat the shit out of my truck on a daily basis and plow in the winter. I want to protect my investments because I worked my ass off to get it. Same thing goes for the guns.

For 8 bucks you can't go wrong. I've seen there 10w 40 going for between 6 to 10 bucks a quart online.

I agree that Royal Purple is a great motor oil. I also think that it (the motor oil) is a great gun oil and use it myself. I will not pay them one cent more for some super gun oil; that is pure BS. Use the motor oil or some other like Castrol, Amsoil, or Mobil 1 but don't pay exta for the hype. At 6$ to $10 per quart, synthetic oil is the best deal I have ever found for gun oil, when compared to $4.00 for six ounces of Break Free.

Ok there is some confusion here. I am not talking about using MOTOR OIL, I'm talking about the GUN OIL, here is a picture of the can so that the message is clear.

ROYAL PURPLE GUN OIL 7.99 for this can
gun-oil.gif

they're all telling you to use the motor oil...it's the same stuff. Don't waste your $.

I agree.

I understand what they are telling me, and I'm grateful for and did take their advice, lubed my brand new AR with some leftover 10w30 from my last oil change. I will continue to do that because I usually have 1/2 quart left over each time.

That still has not answered the question in the OP, has anyone used royal purple gun oil and if you have what are your opinions. If no one has used it, thats fine, just say so and I'll be the first.[smile]

Thanks,
Tim

Back
Top Bottom