Anyone upgrade a MA 'restricted' LTC to ALP? Possible?

Thanks for indulging my second post of the day.

I currently have a restricted Class-A LTC. The old "sporting and target". However, due to a new work environment I would like to start to carry if possible. (however, I don't need to carry FOR work, such as bank deposits and such, just a 'threatening' area of boston).

I called the firearm desk at the PD and she told me to write the chief and see and pretty much just see what happens.

I've written a draft of my letter outlining my 3 reasons that I fear bodily harm and politely asked for my LTC to be changed.

Has anyone tried this? Has anyone been successful? Are there any tips for me?

Note: unfortunately this attempt is taking place in Quincy!!!

The use of a good firearms attorney, especially one that the chief has already faced off with would be a big help here!

Unfortunately I don't have the means to employ an attorney... so it's up to me to try to convince him.

Anyone try this? I'd love to hear about other experiences, good or bad.

Quincy is a "special case", so what will work elsewhere may not work there.

You should know that the Quincy chief has been under fire for the last 6-8 months due to capricious and arbitrary downgrading of LTCs, refusals, etc.

There have been massive meetings with the City Council, a rally a few weeks ago, etc.

LenS...

Yes, I'm aware of Quincy's reputation along with Crowley. I had to speak to him directly multiple times to even get a license. I wanted to go to the rally the other weekend but I had family obligations!!! Wish I could have been there.

Siamese...

Good luck! I'll be moving in 10 months. I'll be looking for "green" towns as well. Thanks for the input.

Alright, well it looks like it's a 'can't hurt to try' situation, but I definately won't hold my breath. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom