Anyone Turn On Heat Yet?

falcon123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Refusing to turn it this early. House was 65 this morning and wife was complaining. I did pull out the space heaters, so she can take the chill out the room.

Wife just now pulled out the space heaters. We have family visiting from the old country where the winter temps are a bone chilling 50deg F. [laugh]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to get a chill in the old bones around sundown. When I went over to check the thermostat, the temperature read 72 degrees. The older I get, the colder a normal temperature feels. My AC is set to 76-78 degrees during the hot spells. I usually have the heat set to 68 or less. I did not put the heat on, just added a layer to my wardrobe. I have the wood stove all cleaned out for the next owner but I might have to dirty it before I move mid October. I'm moving to SC where "I hope the weather suits my clothes." It's funny how I used to visit my mother's home and wonder how she could stand the heat up so high. I think I am becoming like my mother in that respect.
Best regard.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup....had a fire in the wood stove for the last three nights and turned on the radiant heated floor in the bathroom. Nice and toasty now. Life is too short, if your cold turn on the darn heat. [smile]

Viper22

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm going to wait until October if I can. Heck, I have to wait anyway...my pellets haven't been delivered yet.

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Not yet, not until December Dammit! But I know my wife and daughter won't last that long, they are already under the down comforters with full cold weather gear on. I'm still in shorts and tank top.
Went hiking up in the Whites this weekend it was 38 in the tent!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thermostat stays on 70 year round if the temp in the house gets below that the heat comes on. I don't like being cold anymore. Old age setting in.

Canndo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have forced hot air. The a/c is off but the heats not on yet. It's still 73* in my house. I just replaced the 2 filters in both units. I'm keeping the circulation fans running just to filter the air. The ragweed season kicks ass on my allergies!

admcd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still have the AC in. It's coming out this weekend.

I HOPE to make it to my wedding in mid-October before turning the heat on, but that's exceptionally unlikely as I live with my fiance, her sister and three cats.

I'll be lucky if we make it to next Wednesday without turning it on. Pisses me off too - We couldn't get our act together to convert from oil to natural gas and redo the wiring and insulation in the attic. Would save us a bundle. :(

Top Bottom