• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone trout fishing on Sunday?

I am looking to do some trout fishing on the eastern half of MA on Sunday afternoon. I wondered if anyone else was looking to do the same. I am most interested in fishing moving water (i.e. stream or river) but there are none close to Boston that have been stocked recently (and I am new to this state so my knowledge of the water is limited). So, if you planned on fishing too, then let me know via pm if you want company. I have no problem taking a drive to meet you to fish. If not, no problem, I will simply fish Jamaica pond.

Edit: By the way, if I fish Jamaica Pond tomorrow afternoon then I will bring my wife and little boy. So anyone is more than welcome to meet me their if they like (with or without their fam).

Last edited:
Swift River in Belchertown

If you want to travel west a little try the Swift river on Rt. 9 It is catch and release fly fish only above Rt. 9 Bridge. below it is Artificial LURES ONLY. you will catch a fish or two!

Get down to Wachusett Res. in Boylston..its a bit of a hike for you but its Trout heaven..Opening day was today and I caught 2 lakers, both about 2 lbs. each..im all catch and release but theres huge salmon and trout there..take the wife and boy youd make a nice day of it

Back
Top Bottom