Anyone take the NH field day safety course?

I'm signed up to take the NH field day safety course to complete my hunter safety training. Instructions say to bring a lunch, dress for outdoor weather, etc and also also mention a live fire exercise. So my question is: do I need to bring my own gun, and if so rifle or shotty?

Any other advice appreciated.

No need to bring your own firearm for the field day

No need to bring your own firearm. The instructor will have an assortment of unloaded long arms to illustrate safe gun handling.

I took the test and field day at this time of the year, it was a good experience. Highlight of the "Field Day" was having a local F&G officer take questions from the class.

Out of my class of around 20 people, one person failed the written exam. The rest of us then went out to the "Field" portion of the exercise, where we fired a few rounds from a .22 rifle and also walked through a "shoot or don't shoot" exercise, about a half mile walk in the woods where the instructor would point out a 3d archery target (deer, bear, etc) and ask whether we would shoot in that situation.

Last edited:
Thanks, that answers my question!

Would be a funny sight gag though if when the 22 jams I drop it and go for my pistol to finish [smile] run and gun!

Last edited:
Out of my class of around 20 people, one person failed the written exam.

okay now I have to ask, what's with the written exam. do they go over the topics and then give you the test? Or is it the same subjects that were taught in the online course, in which case I guess I have to review that stuff.

As I recall, the written test draws heavily on the online course materials. Some of the questions are covered over the course of the day.

Back
Top Bottom