• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone still worship at the .45 acp alter?

Didn't know they cleaned the slide up......the old style was so hideous it was a NFW for me.

I bought a BUL armory stainless 45 for $725 with checkered and G10 grips as outlined above. My understanding is the DE was going for like 950 ish....at least a the time. Over 200 dollars for the same gun is not flinting. That said I didn't shopt the DE much cause the slide marks, made it a no brainer. This was pre scamdemic and I have no idea what the prices are now.
Not so much difference in MSRP these days.

1666022349060.png
1666022378456.png

Didn't know they cleaned the slide up......the old style was so hideous it was a NFW for me.

I bought a BUL armory stainless 45 for $725 with checkered and G10 grips as outlined above. My understanding is the DE was going for like 950 ish....at least a the time. Over 200 dollars for the same gun is not flinting. That said I didn't shopt the DE much cause the slide marks, made it a no brainer. This was pre scamdemic and I have no idea what the prices are now.

I've never seen a DE 1911 going for that much. Even years ago I think when they came out a few ppl around here were getting them for like 7 bills before the inflation started
to kick in.

To be fair I can't call it flinting because the BUL is a decent gun. But as a generality, otherwise fussing over 200 bucks on a 1911? lol, just lol. [rofl]

Although I will say this, in that price category its possible to spend more money and make bad choices. Like you could do worse and buy a $1000-$1200 Krapber that on average is probably a worse gun than the DE or the Bul. THAT, literally would be setting cash on fire for nothing.

I've never seen a DE 1911 going for that much. Even years ago I think when they came out a few ppl around here were getting them for like 7 bills before the inflation started
to kick in.

To be fair I can't call it flinting because the BUL is a decent gun. But as a generality, otherwise fussing over 200 bucks on a 1911? lol, just lol. [rofl]

Although I will say this, in that price category its possible to spend more money and make bad choices. Like you could do worse and buy a $1000-$1200 Krapber that on average is probably a worse gun than the DE or the Bul. THAT, literally would be setting cash on fire for nothing.
Fussing over 200 bucks for the SAME gun? Yeah.....Ill do it.

Kind of serious question. If I'm out in the woods is it really worth carrying a 1911 in .45 over my p365 in 9? It would probably be a compact so capacity would be 7+1.

Sorry the area is known for bears. Thought I put that in. Is .45 really gonna make a difference over 9? I know it's one of those stupid questions but it's kinda on topic.

I am completely unqualified to answer, but this is NES so I get to anyway!

If *I* was face to face with a bear or other angry wildlife, I would prefer a rifle over either a .45 or a 9mm, but if I was stuck with a handgun in that situation, I want it to hit as hard as possible. That means .45.

In full disclosure, I'm a boomer, like the green snek that started the thread!

Glock 30S: My first glock and my first firearm chambered in 45 ACP. The seller even included several boxes of ammo which, among others, came with some aged Golden Saber defense rounds [banana]. I went to the range that weekend and limp wristed that glock for an hour before finally getting my grip right LOL. 45 will always be a classic cartridge!

Glock 30S: My first glock and my first firearm chambered in 45 ACP. The seller even included several boxes of ammo which, among others, came with some aged Golden Saber defense rounds [banana]. I went to the range that weekend and limp wristed that glock for an hour before finally getting my grip right LOL. 45 will always be a classic cartridge!

The regular G30 is probably way more tolerant to limpwristing because of the extra recoiling mass. I realize you guize like the skinny ones but I like ole fathead, I intentionally avoided the 30S when I bought my G30Gen4. [laugh]

Kind of serious question. If I'm out in the woods is it really worth carrying a 1911 in .45 over my p365 in 9? It would probably be a compact so capacity would be 7+1.
Which gun do you practice the most with?

Which one can you draw faster and fire fast consecutive shots on target?

That is the gun I would carry. Caliber means sh*t if you can't hit the bear.

I also hate the 1911 safety. At the range a few weeks back, I dodnt realize it while shooting I flipped the 1911 safety and all of the sudden it didn't fire. Imagine that happening as a bear is charging at you.

This doesn't mean 9mm is adequate for a bear that has it on its mind that you will be it's meal.

I also hate the 1911 safety. At the range a few weeks back, I dodnt realize it while shooting I flipped the 1911 safety and all of the sudden it didn't fire. Imagine that happening as a bear is charging at you.
I dunno how you done that... then again I am biased, despite carrying Glocks for like 10+ yrs now, on draw my thumb instinctively sweeps down to disengage the lever thats not
there. Even when I was a fag and used to run 1911s with my thumb under the safety (instead of riding the gas pedal like you supposed to) I never turned it on by accident.

I dunno how you done that... then again I am biased, despite carrying Glocks for like 10+ yrs now, on draw my thumb instinctively sweeps down to disengage the lever thats not
there. Even when I was a fag and used to run 1911s with my thumb under the safety (instead of riding the gas pedal like you supposed to) I never turned it on by accident.
I f*cked up and shot it like a fag for a second.

The point is, sh*t happens and safeties are gay.

The regular G30 is probably way more tolerant to limpwristing because of the extra recoiling mass. I realize you guize like the skinny ones but I like ole fathead, I intentionally avoided the 30S when I bought my G30Gen4. [laugh]
In hindsight I would have done the same thing; I was super inexperienced at the time...but the deal compared with other Glocks in MA was too good to pass up ($500, 4 mags, original box and papers, and around 100 rounds of ammo). 50 of those rounds were defense rounds and 50 range fodder. That appealed to me as well because I only needed to buy a 350 round case of blazer brass, which was super cheap at the time (2019), and then I was ready to run a ton of mags at the range.

I am completely unqualified to answer, but this is NES so I get to anyway!

If *I* was face to face with a bear or other angry wildlife, I would prefer a rifle over either a .45 or a 9mm, but if I was stuck with a handgun in that situation, I want it to hit as hard as possible. That means .45.

In full disclosure, I'm a boomer, like the green snek that started the thread!

How about this

RIA 1911 Ultra FS 10MM and Oh ... 16 rd Double Stack

Attachments

• RIA 1911 Ultra FS 10MM.jpg
    RIA 1911 Ultra FS 10MM.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 8
I was never a big fan, until, ... our club did a "First Shots" or was it a "Women On Target" event, and one of the instructors from GOAL brought along a nice, but not super-fancy, Rock Island Arms pistol. I shot that sucker like it was a laser beam! Some day, after various other purchases, that will be on my list.

I was going to post a picture, but they make more than 1 "1911". I did not realize there was ever such a variety. I thought "1911" was a spec, and they were all the same.

The one true faith. Because shooting twice is silly.
Saw a Bersa Thunder UC 45 under the counter a few years back picked it up and being a 1911 fan must say this DA hammer gun has all the options and is accurate - odd that this Argentine mfg Compact isn't more well known.

Anyone handled one of these?

Sorry the area is known for bears. Thought I put that in. Is .45 really gonna make a difference over 9? I know it's one of those stupid questions but it's kinda on topic.
I live in Alaska and have Black Bears around the house on occasion but they are, like people, normally well behaved and the dogs keep them moving on but when in Brown Bear country I pack my Model 29 with max loads.

There was a freaking scary story from a couple on Wrangell logging roads sight-seeing over Fools Inlet that got away from a monster Brown stalking them they claimed was as big as their car.

If it's Brown Bear Country the difference between a nine and a 45 Is hands down the bone-breaking 230 round ball with as much velocity as you can hang onto... but that's just an opinion - everyone's got to pay their money and take their choice.

Back
Top Bottom