• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone still worship at the .45 acp alter?

Isn't the Kriss Vector stupidly heavy and awkward? I haven't heard of a single good 45 ACP carbine. I'd be more interested in 10mm.

I’ve owned both the 45 auto and 10 mm kriss vector carbines and hated both of them. The controls were just straight weird. In full auto the kriss seems to make sense with the whole bolt travel design but for semi auto I found it dumb. I sold those carbines while I was still in MA. If CZ make a 45 version of the evo I might be interested.

I’ve owned both the 45 auto and 10 mm kriss vector carbines and hated both of them. The controls were just straight weird. In full auto the kriss seems to make sense with the whole bolt travel design but for semi auto I found it dumb. I sold those carbines while I was still in MA. If CZ make a 45 version of the evo I might be interested.
Yea that was my impression about Kriss Vectors.

Isn't the Kriss Vector stupidly heavy and awkward? I haven't heard of a single good 45 ACP carbine. I'd be more interested in 10mm.
So your view of the HK USC/UMP in .45ACP is? I’ve heard nothing but good things, except the cost of conversion if you don’t like the USC. It’s on my short list of acquisitions.

So your view of the HK USC/UMP in .45ACP is? I’ve heard nothing but good things, except the cost of conversion if you don’t like the USC. It’s on my short list of acquisitions.
I haven’t heard much about it so I don’t have any opinion. I don’t have any experience with it or the Kriss, but heard gun Jesus complain about the Kriss.

Someone prefers front cocking serrations

Not really. I'm buying guns to shoot uspsa and idpa so target sights are what I'm looking for and that's usually how the guns are optioned. But I don't mind the fcs. I don't think I ever really hit them.

The TRP had already been switched by the prior owner to f.o. sights after the night sights died.

BUL armory 1911....same maker as magnum research without the big letters and cheaper.
That's a weird level of flinting considering the MR guns aren't that expensive to begin with. And the last one i saw had pretty modest rollmarks....

A cursory GB search shows their guns are in the same wheelhouse price wise.

I had a Vector in 10mm as well, thought I would like it but it didn't play well with older Glock magazines and well, it was just weird to me. Now I would love to see one of those Ruger PC carbines in 45 or 10 but I would guess there are some engineering issues that would need to be figured out.

If Marlin brought out an updated Camp carbine that took Glock magazines I bet they would sell a ton of them.

Last edited:
just curious, no judging. i still shoot a bunch of it. reload a ton also. 230 gr. lead rn. i do reload 180 gr semi wadcutters also, but just depleting the stock from my competition days. for defense, i've always liked the idea of a wide body bullet going low and slow into flesh, maybe crashing into a bone here and there. that impact should make one unsteady on their feet.
Although I love shooting 45acp and many other calibers.

I now worship the .22LR rimfire alter; it's all I can afford to shoot often enough.

That's a weird level of flinting considering the MR guns aren't that expensive to begin with. And the last one i saw had pretty modest rollmarks....

Old... notice that billboard on the side of the slide:
W497-08869-49708869.png

NEW ... a lot nicer and cleaner. There are still a lot of "old" on Gun Broker. For anyone thinking of buying one, make sure you see a pic of both sides of the slide.

KeyFeatures-MR1911G-1024x652.jpg

just curious, no judging. i still shoot a bunch of it. reload a ton also. 230 gr. lead rn. i do reload 180 gr semi wadcutters also, but just depleting the stock from my competition days. for defense, i've always liked the idea of a wide body bullet going low and slow into flesh, maybe crashing into a bone here and there. that impact should make one unsteady on their feet.
Boomer ;)

View attachment 674265

NEW ... a lot nicer and cleaner. There are still a lot of "old" on Gun Broker. For anyone thinking of buying one, make sure you see a pic of both sides of the slide.

View attachment 674266

The old billboard is long extinct I haven't seen one like that in ages. Must be new old stock if they are still on GB. Either that or someone is using the wrong pic for their
ads. [rofl]

The old billboard is long extinct I haven't seen one like that in ages. Must be new old stock if they are still on GB. Either that or someone is using the wrong pic for their
ads. [rofl]

No idea. But I saw a bunch on GB when I was looking for a new one.

Magnum Research 1911.

Trust me, you won't regret it.
New MR doesn't have the big billboard on the side.

God damn it, I'm trying to become as debt free as possible and you two aren't helping! [laugh]

And to stay on topic, I do really enjoy my P220.

God damn it, I'm trying to become as debt free as possible and you two aren't helping! [laugh]

And to stay on topic, I do really enjoy my P220.
Dude, let me know when you want to go to the range and shoot the MR1911. I did absolutely nothing to that gun becuase it doesn't need it, smooth as f*ck, great trigger.

View attachment 674265

View attachment 674266
Didn't know they cleaned the slide up......the old style was so hideous it was a NFW for me.

I bought a BUL armory stainless 45 for $725 with checkered and G10 grips as outlined above. My understanding is the DE was going for like 950 ish....at least a the time. Over 200 dollars for the same gun is not flinting. That said I didn't shopt the DE much cause the slide marks, made it a no brainer. This was pre scamdemic and I have no idea what the prices are now.

Didn't know they cleaned the slide up......the old style was so hideous it was a NFW for me.

I bought a BUL armory stainless 45 for $725 with checkered and G10 grips as outlined above. My understanding is the DE was going for like 950 ish....at least a the time. Over 200 dollars for the same gun is not flinting. That said I didn't shopt the DE much cause the slide marks, made it a no brainer. This was pre scamdemic and I have no idea what the prices are now.
I paid $850 for the MR 2 to 3 months back.

Back
Top Bottom