Anyone still boycotting the NFL?

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Be careful, admitting to watching the NFL is one of the things that will get you out of the cool club here. Either way I laugh at all these guys that let the Social justice bullshit ruin something that was enjoyable for them. They are letting the shitbags win.
How is not watching them, letting them win? I enjoy watching football (mostly college) and baseball, but I don't like watching the babies do nothing and then complain about things that are wrong. So I turn it off... they ruin the enjoyment for me. By not watching, not buying products, not getting tickets, I put my money and my viewing stats (ad dollars) towards something else.

Much like when I choose to avoid Dicks, or REI... They were certainly more convenient for me... but I choose to take a few extra steps to support other organizations. I suppose you would say the SJW won again because it's less enjoyable/convenient for me to shop.

Last edited:

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I like you dude.... but he's not wrong. Viewership supports them financially.
Yea bud it’s not personal and I know your a good guy. My stance is Your letting them win if you let any of it disrupt anything you did before all this bullshit started, for me turning to that channel costs me ZERO money and it’s something I’ve always loved. Yea I stopped buying NFL shit and going to games years ago, well before this gay social justice bullshit Started, since I got fed up with the ridiculous salaries and poor work ethic I stopped spending money on it. I can understand not going to games and buying NFL channels ect.. but watching regular scheduled tv programs is different in my opinion. I’m still going to enjoy what I enjoy regardless if a bunch of scumbags want to ruin it.

LittleCalm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I think the point isn’t that he’s giving up something he likes to do (watch football), but rather that it is no longer enjoyable to watch. I stop doing things not to boycott, but because they start to suck and I can find other more enjoyable things to do. I liked football but honestly not bothering with it frees up a lot of time to do other things I enjoy. No big deal either way.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Much like when I choose to avoid Dicks, or REI... They were certainly more convenient for me... but I choose to take a few extra steps to support other businesses. I suppose you would say the SJW won again because it's less enjoyable/convenient for me to shop.
Not at all since you can get the same product outside of the stores your boycotting, you can’t get NFL elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just finished my man cave. Four TVs, fireplace, big beer frig and I will not turn a football game on. Instead I will watch some old WW movies, the only professional athletes I will watch are people like Ted Williams and Pat Tillman. Today being 9/11 is a clear example of how far the country has gone. 9/11 you had people going to recruiting station showing true patriotism, last night and for the last hundred days and more you seen how much the left hates our country.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Prove that I support that bullshit. I don’t spend a penny on the NFL, I just don’t let them dictate how I run my life. If you do that’s your choice and your letting them win. Prove me wrong
Do you tune in and watch football on TV ?

It's really very simple, if you do watch the league of felons you support blem and antiteefa..If you dont watch it, you dont support it.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Admittedly, I have never been a big sports fan, always more of a hometown cheerleader that could fake my way through a conversation with a sports fan at a bar. I never got too invested in watching it, I liked drinking beer and eating junk food with my dad and friends, so it is really no big loss for me to shrug my shoulders and spend my time in the woods instead.

What does strike me as odd is how quick everyone is to yell "DEAD TO ME" every time someone or some organization hints at leaning left or supporting the lefts agenda, and the professional sports are literally selling you out to everything you claim to stand against, and people will still watch.

And don't kid yourself, you watching it absolutely drives up their revenue and validates their agenda, even if tuning in your TV doesn't "cost" you anything. It is the same as tuning into CNN or clicking on a huffpo link, you are giving them traffic which lets them add you to their add revenue statistics, making them money off your viewership to then spend on the stuff you supposedly hate. Shit, I love chocolate milkshakes, but they are bad for me, so I stopped consuming them. It's the same thing here.

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yea bud it’s not personal and I know your a good guy. My stance is Your letting them win if you let any of it disrupt anything you did before all this bullshit started, for me turning to that channel costs me ZERO money and it’s something I’ve always loved. Yea I stopped buying NFL shit and going to games years ago, well before this gay social justice bullshit Started, since I got fed up with the ridiculous salaries and poor work ethic I stopped spending money on it. I can understand not going to games and buying NFL channels ect.. but watching regular scheduled tv programs is different in my opinion. I’m still going to enjoy what I enjoy regardless if a bunch of scumbags want to ruin it.
I see both sides of it. I was already done with every pro sport except for hockey, then they decided to join the woke bandwagon. For me I watched sports to get away from real life for a few hours, and now they've all ruined it. It was an easy decision for me, I enjoy using those extra 4-6 hours doing something else. I wont begrudge anyone who still enjoys it, its just not for me anymore.

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just finished my man cave. Four TVs, fireplace, big beer frig and I will not turn a football game on. Instead I will watch some old WW movies, the only professional athletes I will watch are people like Ted Williams and Pat Tillman. Today being 9/11 is a clear example of how far the country has gone. 9/11 you had people going to recruiting station showing true patriotism, last night and for the last hundred days and more you seen how much the left hates our country.
screw all the boycott bickering....your comment is worthless with out the photos of this man cave

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I see both sides of it. I was already done with every pro sport except for hockey, then they decided to join the woke bandwagon. For me I watched sports to get away from real life for a few hours, and now they've all ruined it. It was an easy decision for me, I enjoy using those extra 4-6 hours doing something else. I wont begrudge anyone who still enjoys it, its just not for me anymore.
I see it from both sides too except for the people that actually enjoyed it and are now actually forcing themselves not to watch it because they feel it’s the right thing to do. I don’t let it run my life, never have never will, I was never one to book every Sunday for the Pats, if I had something fun to do then I’m off doing it. but if there is nothing going on I’m on the couch eating good food with a few beers relaxing with it on.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Do you tune in and watch football on TV ?

It's really very simple, if you do watch the league of felons you support blem and antiteefa..If you dont watch it, you dont support it.
Yea in your opinion maybe, but guess what? Your opinion don’t mean shit to me.

Quite_Exasperated

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see your position, but your service provider tracks what your tv is tuned too...so...they see Shocknawe watched the game, measure you as a viewer, translate that into ratings, higher ratings means larger tv contracts for the league, larger contracts mean more money for the players and owners...the message? Shocknawe is okay with the product that we’re selling, which includes all the pc bu**s**t, so he must also be a BLM supporter...

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I see your position, but your service provider tracks what your tv is tuned too...so...they see Shocknawe watched the game, measure you as a viewer, translate that into ratings, higher ratings means larger tv contracts for the league, larger contracts mean more money for the players and owners...the message? Shocknawe is okay with the product that we’re selling, which includes all the pc bu**s**t, so he must also be a BLM supporter...
Or he could have his own fantasy league with a bunch of buddies from highschool where winner gets $800, 2nd gets $200, and loser has to panhandle downtown wearing a bunch of blankets for an hour. Lol. My point: How can they make all those assumptions about one persons ethics/motives/values? For all they know he could literally have his TV service routed to his local small business and have it on for customers in the lobby. There’s no way to know what kind of values someone has just from their TV service. I get the boycott but some people can tough through it, others can pack up and leave. That’s the beauty of America: We get to choose what we do. When Kendall Jenner was deepthroating Pepsi for BLM people didn’t go apeshit and say “WELL NOW PEPSI IS DEAD TO ME!” That’s human nature we choose what irks us and act accordingly. Some people feel that way about the NFL. And so they don’t let it bother them. I don’t think flaming someone on this forum about it should really be the answer. There are people on this forum who have said worse and been flamed for worse. Let’s let people enjoy things.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Or he could have his own fantasy league with a bunch of buddies from highschool where winner gets $800, 2nd gets $200, and loser has to panhandle downtown wearing a bunch of blankets for an hour. Lol. My point: How can they make all those assumptions about one persons ethics/motives/values? For all they know he could literally have his TV service routed to his local small business and have it on for customers in the lobby. There’s no way to know what kind of values someone has just from their TV service. I get the boycott but some people can tough through it, others can pack up and leave. That’s the beauty of America: We get to choose what we do. When Kendall Jenner was deepthroating Pepsi for BLM people didn’t go apeshit and say “WELL NOW PEPSI IS DEAD TO ME!” That’s human nature we choose what irks us and act accordingly. Some people feel that way about the NFL. And so they don’t let it bother them. I don’t think flaming someone on this forum about it should really be the answer. There are people on this forum who have said worse and been flamed for worse. Let’s let people enjoy things.
Hahaha I been chasing first place in my fantasy league for about 10 years now. As far as everything else I’m all good with myself and enjoy debating with some of these people who think they have all the answers

Top Bottom