• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone seen this? EFA-10 error message "contact the licensing authority".

Friend of mine sent along this screen capture when he was trying to do an EFA-10. Supposedly the buyer has made purchases recently at an FFL with no hiccups. Any insight I can relay back?

I suggested he have the buyer either (a) contact his licensing agency or (b) try it at an FFL.

FA-10's suck.

1670160898924.png

As a guess, I can think of 2 scenarios that might yield this:

- His/her renewal is in process and FRB has issued to the PD a new LTC/PIN and thus the old one is invalid.
- His/her LTC has been suspended/revoked and the holder is unaware at this time. "Subsequent" court activity (supposedly daily) sends a notice to the issuing PD for action against the LTC.

I was getting this trying to EFA10 a pistol to someone "post-surrender" after my dumb legal shit, I called the local PD LT and he walked me thru the proper method, it was just another section on that main portal page so I'm guessing Len's explanation here might hold some water despite what the person "causing" the error says/thinks
- His/her LTC has been suspended/revoked and the holder is unaware at this time. "Subsequent" court activity (supposedly daily) sends a notice to the issuing PD for action against the LTC.

So followup, heard back from the seller today, who got this message from the buyer:
"Called spfd pd, they told me to call Boston office, then Boston told me to call spfd pd. Bottom line I’ve been on calls/hold a good part of the morning and was told there’s no reason it shouldn’t be working and it should be working"

Seller retried the EFA-10 and it went through. So, yeah, move along, nothing to see here, just a hiccup, no harm no foul... [rolleyes]

I'd still make the purchase. You're not an FFL and seller is not an FFL. This is a private sale and you are following the law in reporting it.

You/seller are not bound by NICS or MIRCs.

YOU ARE NOT ASKING THEM FOR PERMISSION. YOU ARE REPORTING THE SELLING/BUYING OF PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Just read your post before mine OP. I don't see how they can stop the sale if both parties are in possession of valid licenses.

If this ever happens to me on a private sale, I may just reload the transaction form and press on in case they flubbed it up.

Other case is sometimes someone gets an LTC and the issuing authority forgot to activate the license.... not sure if that shit happens anymore..... but it used to be a problem

Do we have a website in this state to transfer/sell hammers, bats, nail guns, alcohol, knifes, pointy sticks, rocks, bulldozers etc?
Just asking.
I was thinking about this too. Snow Blower Registry. ESB-10 🤔

Transaction Denied... Please Contact your local D.P.W.

1670294582473.png

Do we have a website in this state to transfer/sell hammers, bats, nail guns, alcohol, knifes, pointy sticks, rocks, bulldozers etc?
Just asking.
No, but if you sell a bulldozer, you have to report the income.

A few years back, I had a sub-let table at the Marlboro gun show. DOR guy shows up, and wants to see my tax ID. "Don't have one, I'm not a business, I'm just cleaning out my basement."

"Why don't you have a yard sale? Why are you here?"

"Dude...look at this table....a yard sale, in THIS state?" He went away.

I saw it once. The sellers ltc was expired, resulting in us constantly getting booted and this message popping up.

Back
Top Bottom