• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone seen these "ported" bullets????

Extreme Shock revision 2? [rofl]

This is almost as good as magsafe and the strasbourg goat tests.

-Mike

http://www.hypercavbullets.com/gallery/slides/40_Tac.html

Classic- total classic. "We took a perfectly good bullet and turned it into one which overpenetrates the target and loses chunks of itself on the way, and on top of that, reduces the expanded size of the projectile. "

One upshot is at least anyone dumb enough to buy this stuff will get a fundamentally decent bullet out of the deal, but in some cases it looks like they actually ruin the performance of the thing.

-Mike

Last edited:
Is this like in the movies where they cut the nose of a bullet to make it more deadly? [wink]

They know there are skeptics so they are offering free boxes on the website for just a little info about what you are using now for self defense.

Maybe they are 'speed holes' that Homer talks about:

Homer: Hey, what are all these holes? (points at bullet holes in car hood)
Car Salesmen: These are speed holes. They make the car go faster.
Homer: (impressed) Oh yeah, speed holes.

Hey, why does a golf ball have dimples????

So that it flies through the air with less air resistance.....

Bullets with speed holes........

Also, I recall doing a marketing study for a young couple who wanted to make metal windchimes with "tuned" tubes to play more musical notes......

Maybe the holes can indeed be "tuned" so that it plays a rendition of, "Flight of the bumblebee" on it's way to the target.

Like lightening, you never hear it coming.

Awesome. Take a perfectly good bullet and drill holes in it.

If they can "port" it such that it makes a cool shrieking sound as it flies, then I'll get some.

Hey, why does a golf ball have dimples????

So that it flies through the air with less air resistance.....

Now, I am no aerodynamics expert, but my limited experience in the field leads me to believe that this only works because a golf ball spins around an axis perpendicular to the direction of motion. If you are not 'cutting through' the high pressure at the front of the projectile, you are wasting time.

Marketing marketing marketing.

Extreme Shock revision 2? [rofl]

This is almost as good as magsafe and the strasbourg goat tests.

-Mike

Were those the "fainting goats"?

Did you notice the photos of the recovered bullets? Almost every stock bullet showed better expansion than their drilled bullets. WHY would they post those? Not to sell bullets! Maybe as a disclaimer to show that you should have known better than to buy their product???

They're going for DEEPER penetration, rather than shallower...... Their concept is that normal HP's expand on impact because the air gets trapped in the HP, and pneumatically opens the bullet. The porting allows that air to escape, and allows the bullet to go deeper, seeking out tissue/bone to cause the expansion. Their shock cone damage is supposedly larger because of the deeper penetration.

Just saying.....

Back
Top Bottom