Anyone seen the new Kel Tec PMR-30 yet?

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pmr30.htm

My friend showed this to me. Looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about a .22 WMR. I've never priced out that ammo, so I don't know how it compares to the standard .22 LR.

I'm sure it won't matter anyways, as this thing probably won't be MA compliant. [sad2]

Either way, what do you think?

If I lived in a free state, I'd definitely buy one. However, even if it became MA compliant, it'd still be limited to 10rnd mags which would be a travesty.

Looking online, I saw 500 rounds for $105. So, unfortunately, it's quite a bit more expensive than .22LR.

.22WMR in handguns has always seemed intriguing to me...but man, that is one ugly gun.

I agree. Its a toss up between High Point and Kel Tec as to who has the ugliest production guns. The 30 round mag deal sounds fun but looking at all the screws that thing has I gotta wonder if it comes with a tube of Loc Tite.

Last edited:
I have wanted one since I first saw it in Guns&Ammo. I could care less what it looks like. A 30 round 22WMR pistol sounds fun! Function over form on a plinker like that. I would even consider carrying it if I had one. Thirty .22WMR hollow points don't seem bad to have on your side. I would take that over a compact .25auto or .32acp any day.

It would be awesome if someone offered an extender magazine for it with around 45-50 rounds. The gun just seems too fun to pass up. Once they are around for a while and I find out how reliable they are over time I would really like to look into buying one. A bunch more power than my Mark 1 and it holds a lot more rounds too. Now if you could mount a red dot on it that would be the ultimate fun gun.

Back
Top Bottom