Anyone seen one of these before? (cookset)

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Came across this at an estate clean out.

Holds 0.75 gallons US, 5.75"H x 6.50"W (at the point) x 8.50" L.

SAK shown for relative size comparison.

Looking for info on origin, date of manufacture, etc.

It is missing the lid handle which I can easily fabricate a replacement for.

There is some lettering on the bottom, but most of it is too worn down to read. Using my cheap pocket camera and available light, it was too difficult to get a clear picture. The one word I can read says, "ALUMINUM" which really isn't a big help.

It is also missing what I assume is a handle in the back. Fabricating a replacement that would work won't be a problem, but seeing what an original looks like would be helpful.

(unabashedly carpet bombing all the forums I frequent looking for answers)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like part of an old mess kit ,the lid turned over and all the other stuff went inside, and the handle screwed across the top to hold the lid on.

there are actually a lot of these from the 1930's. might be a collectible. looks like it may be one of a set of 3
http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/39556261/3_VINTAGE_TRIANGULAR_ALUMINUM_HART_COOKING_POTS.html

Almost looks like they were made to fit into a larger water bath pot...

Seems that way.

Some of the info I am getting from other sources describes the container as one of three that was part of a double-boiler set.

Its materials and construction seemed very similar to other camping cookware I am familiar with and that's what led me to believe it was part of a cookset.

Even so, I think it will be a good container to use for melting snow & ice into water.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom