Anyone seen any Federal Hydrashock 230 g, 45ACP?

rogersmithiii

NES Member
Anyone know if the ammo run has stopped yet? Just called five places looking for Federal Hydrashock, 45 ACP, 230 g ammo, and got laughed at 5 times.

Looking around Wal-Mart shows empty shelves.

Anyone seen anyone with stock?

I heard a while back that Federal was requiring dealers to only sell Hydrashock to Law Enforcement only. Not as a law, but as a buisness decision.

I don't know if that is accurate, just what I heard, but I haven't been able to find any on the shelves either.

I've got about 25 rounds of it. Was planning on shooting it off sometime soon to rotate carry ammo, but if it's not going to be available, guess I should hold on to it!

I heard a while back that Federal was requiring dealers to only sell Hydrashock to Law Enforcement only. Not as a law, but as a buisness decision.

I don't know if that is accurate, just what I heard, but I haven't been able to find any on the shelves either.

IIRC that story was about the Federal HST Tactical ammunition, not the run-of-the-mill Hydrashock ammo. The HST is marked as "Law Enforcement Ammunition".

Looks like the panic buying is still going on. Prices are ridiculous, stock limited, and gun shop people arrogant. Looks like I'm going to wait until this whole bubble bursts.

Yup, Federal has put all this ammo into the LE supply chain only.

You'd probably be better off trying to find some 50 round boxes of Speer GDHP 230s, or Rem Golden Saber 230s.

I'm glad I stocked up a few years ago because right now good carry ammo is somewhat expensive and hard to come by.

-Mike

IIRC, Federal will only sell 20 rd boxes of HS to non-LE these days, so this has also driven the cost/50 thru the roof. Kinda like the 1/2 gal ice cream that is now reduced to 48 oz!

At any rate, I have some 50 rd boxes of Hydra-Shok .45s and Gold-Dot .45s that I'm willing to part with.

OP can expect an Email with details.

IIRC, Federal will only sell 20 rd boxes of HS to non-LE these days, so this has also driven the cost/50 thru the roof. Kinda like the 1/2 gal ice cream that is now reduced to 48 oz!

At any rate, I have some 50 rd boxes of Hydra-Shok .45s and Gold-Dot .45s that I'm willing to part with.

OP can expect an Email with details.

Can I get that e-mail too! [smile]

Can I get that e-mail too! [smile]

Sent.

Really ?

Time to sell off some HST 45 +P then..[smile]

Is $60 a box of 50 too much ?

Not really given current store prices and unavailability. IIRC the Hydra-Shok .45 230 gr, 20 rd boxes were selling for $25 each. Not sure if they were +p or not.

Back
Top Bottom