• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone seen any .454 casull

So I picked up my dream gun today Ruger Super Red Hawk in .454 casull. Now the problem I am going to have is finding ammo for it. I know I can get 45 colt but was wondering if anyone has seen .454 casull in NH, MA, or RI? I don't mind a drive to pick up a few boxes to let my new toy stretch its legs.

Outback in Plympton has a tendency to keep unusual boolits in stock, but they are kinda spendy. Last I was there, they had 500, 454, and other big handgun carts.

Outback in Plympton has a tendency to keep unusual boolits in stock, but they are kinda spendy. Last I was there, they had 500, 454, and other big handgun carts.

From the thread earlier today if you go to Outback make sure you are getting .454 and not 44 or 45 they don't seem to sharp there.

I still remember asking for S&W 500 at Bass Pro and the guy says here you go and handed me 50 AE.

Stop looking. There's no more. No .500 either. Lol
8a4unuve.jpg

I agree they do seem to have a stock on that slower seller ammo. I say that cause it seems most folks reload on the big bore stuff.

Might want to give M&M Plimoth Bay Outfitters a call they ain't to shabby in the ammo department and the prices are much lower than Outback.

Holly is running it for her mom , limited to weekends and cash. They did have alot of odd ball ammo ie 222 centerfire mag. .17 centerfire .218bee . Some hard find stuff still on the shelf.Range is open.

Just don't buy the Winchester stuff, its like shooting a 250gn bullet powered by a donkey fart. The Hornady and Magtec are pretty good, Never tried Buffalo Bore but hear its always good.

I think H-S had some. I would call first but they ad a pretty good assortment when I was there the other day. Pullman is also worth a call

Back
Top Bottom