Anyone see this before? Palm Pistol

doobie

Banned
Palm Pistol

Looks kind of interesting if it is real, which part of me doubts. Could be a nice BUG or if someone gets too close you pull it out and close range and once you fire once it's useless.

ATF approved as a pistol, but I found curious that on page two it states that the ATF has issued notice of proposed rule making amending the definition of a pistol. Anyone know what that rule making is?

Back in the 30s there was a palm pistol also called a lemon squeezer. It had a round body that was held in the hand and a stub barrel. I can't remember if it was a single shot or a 2 or 3 shot pistol.

ATF approved as a pistol, but I found curious that on page two it states that the ATF has issued notice of proposed rule making amending the definition of a pistol. Anyone know what that rule making is?

This maybe ? (from April, 2005)...

SUMMARY: The Department of Justice is
proposing to amend the regulations
relating to machine guns, destructive
devices, and certain other firearms
regulated under the National Firearms
Act (NFA) for the Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
(ATF) to clarify the definition of the
term ‘‘pistol’’ and to define more clearly
exceptions to the ‘‘pistol’’ definition.
The added language is necessary to
clarify that certain weapons, including
any weapon disguised to look like an
item other than a firearm or any gun that
fires more than one shot without
manual reloading by a single function of
the trigger, are not pistols and are
classified as ‘‘any other weapon’’ under
the NFA.

It goes into much broader detail in the link...

http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/notices/05-6932.pdf

SixfingerR.jpg

This maybe ? (from April, 2005)...

It goes into much broader detail in the link...

http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/notices/05-6932.pdf

That's exactly what the letter refers to. The whole problem came up with the American Deringer and Stinger "pen" guns. They are ruled as "pistols" because in there firing configuration they resemble a pistol, but in there non-firing configuration, they look like a pen.

--EasyD

Didn't the navy issue "fist guns" to seabees in WWII?
Kind of a glove thing with a plunger and a lockwork and barrel.
It was situated on the back of the hand.

When the wearer made a fist, the plunger and barrel were exposed: the user could punch an attacker, depressing the plunger discharging a .45 round into what ever he struck.

I googled everything I could think of, and found nothing.

Chicago Firearms' "The Protector" was a "palm" pistol made in the 1890's. VERY cool handgun. The cartridge was a .32 extra short and probably not even as effective as a 22, but who cares?! Picture a nickel plated hockey puck with a stubby barrel. (or google it!)

When the wearer made a fist, the plunger and barrel were exposed: the user could punch an attacker, depressing the plunger discharging a .45 round into what ever he struck.

I saw that, it was on The History Channel, Tales of the Gun I think. They had 1 episode devoted to unusual firearms like that.

Last edited:
Oh my GAWD!!! The AG office needs to know where that is available so they can send the seller a threatening letter and get that WMD off the streets and out of the hands of our children.

PS. Yes, that looks like a finger but it looks like something else also.

I wonder if it shoots blanks?

Does it cum with a holster? [rofl]

Sedgley OSS Glove Pistol...

glove.jpg

whether you would pay for it or not doesn't really matter based on the fact that they'll NEVER be mass-compliant. although i would like to see how they'd perform during the "drop-test."

Dear Potential Palm Pistol Customer: The following is a brief status report on development of the Palm Pistol. The response to the design has been very encouraging. Mainstream media and trade press stories coupled with the gun’s initial designation by the FDA as a medical device, created widespread domestic and international publicity. As a result, we received 417 pre-production reservations to date. Several well known gun magazines have informed us they are eager to conduct a detailed review of our prototypes as soon as they become available. We are currently engaged in Phase 1 design work consisting of the dual triggers, grip safeties, striker, cocking mechanism and breech access latch. We are also engaged in intellectual property protection activities, including completion of patents pending and securing trademark protection. We are engaged in promising discussions with several small arms manufacturers regarding bringing the Palm Pistol to market. We are working toward the goal of creating prototypes late in 2009 with deliveries sometime in 2010, although a number of factors could change this timeline. We will keep you posted as we progress. As always, please feel free to contact us with additional questions. Matt Carmel President Constitution Arms - Handgun Training and Sales Class 1/Class 3 SOT FFL Lic. No. 8-22-013-01-0F-00675 Voice: (973) 378-8011 E-mail: [email protected] http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OSHADATACIHInc./63e6af8685/5cc33a76f1/11fbf2a25f http://cts.vresp.com/c/?OSHADATACIHInc./63e6af8685/5cc33a76f1/10f94b8176

Back
Top Bottom