Anyone see GP11 Swiss 7.5x55 around locally?

Four Seasons *used to* carry it in stock.

I haven't checked in a couple of years to see if they still have it since I stocked up pretty well [smile]

If you really can't find any let me know - I could probably be persuaded to part with a little just so you can try out the rifle.

as andrew said, online is best. if you have an 03 that you got the k31 through try that vendor. If not I'm In western MA and was thinking about getting a case of it. something like 480 rounds if I remember correct. don't remember price. but would split one if you're interested. I realize we're opposite sides of the state…

IIRC B&K sales in Natick had some.
It's not something you find "locally" to often.
Especially the surplus ammo. PPU makes it also.
Last I seen PPU it was 17$\20 rounds. Good brass on the PPU.

Also will add... if you want to shoot GP11 buy as much as you can and think you need for a long while.
The guns took a huge jump in price I expect the ammo to do the same.

i was finding PPU at cabelas in Berlin of all places. like mac said...it's expensive...but get yourself a neck sizing die and you should be able to stretch the life of the brass pretty good if you're only shooting it out of 1 rifle. I just bought 200 brass from an online vendor...mostly to reload for my 1889 eventually. i haven't started reloading for the k31 yet either...but i'm trying to keep some GP11 in my armageddon box...you know, just in case I need to declare my property as a 'neutral territory'.

i just looked at all the online retailers I've gotten GP11 from in the past, and they're all bone dry. if i come across something i'll let you know.

as andrew said, online is best. if you have an 03 that you got the k31 through try that vendor. If not I'm In western MA and was thinking about getting a case of it. something like 480 rounds if I remember correct. don't remember price. but would split one if you're interested. I realize we're opposite sides of the state…

Yeah there are 2 C&R vendors with it in stock.

If you have free state connections, luckygunner and bulkammo.com have plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

i was finding PPU at cabelas in Berlin of all places. like mac said...it's expensive...but get yourself a neck sizing die and you should be able to stretch the life of the brass pretty good if you're only shooting it out of 1 rifle. I just bought 200 brass from an online vendor...mostly to reload for my 1889 eventually. i haven't started reloading for the k31 yet either...but i'm trying to keep some GP11 in my armageddon box...you know, just in case I need to declare my property as a 'neutral territory'.

i just looked at all the online retailers I've gotten GP11 from in the past, and they're all bone dry. if i come across something i'll let you know.

I'm using the K31 Redding dies and its been working well so far. Basically no resistance when resizing and no stretching so far.

I'm using the K31 Redding dies and its been working well so far. Basically no resistance when resizing and no stretching so far.

Just picked up an unused (but previously purchased) set on ebay last week for $107 shipped (N&FL Sizers)...just sucks I think I have to buy a different set to reload for the 1889 and the K11 Karabiner due to the larger chamber cut.

Old Glory in Mason, NH had a BUNCH there a while back, but I haven't looked in a while so I can't say if it's still there or not. Might be worth a call. It's a drive, but it's a nice drive at least.

Glenn's in N Reading posted on his FB page earlier that he just got some 7.5x55 ammo, including the GP11 surplus. He did not list a price however....

Anyone still looking for GP11? I'll be unloading a bunch (500+ rounds) next week most likely...

I've shot GP11 and it was good stuff and accurate but not quite as accurate as my reloads. Do you reload? I have the model 1911 which was replaced by the K31. It has the best trigger and is the most accurate military rifle I own. It even beat the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser. Now I know what "built like a Swiss watch" means.

I've shot GP11 and it was good stuff and accurate but not quite as accurate as my reloads. Do you reload? I have the model 1911 which was replaced by the K31. It has the best trigger and is the most accurate military rifle I own. It even beat the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser. Now I know what "built like a Swiss watch" means.
My reloads and GP11 were about the same. I got ~1/2" groups at 100 yards with my scoped K31.

Shooting via only irons, but I haven't yet beaten GP11 with reloads. I have some ELD 175's to try- maybe that will do it. Anyway, I've had excellent results with GP11 in my K31 at CMP matches. Got a silver at the New England Games and came close to gold. I've cleaned slow prone a few times with GP11.

whats the saying
German General to Swiss General
German: what would you have down if I sent my 500,000 troops in against your 250,000? Swiss Gen : My men would have to shoot twice.

Put a stock more apt to target shooting on that sweed and look out. Both have great bullet designs

whats the saying
German General to Swiss General
German: what would you have down if I sent my 500,000 troops in against your 250,000? Swiss Gen : My men would have to shoot twice.

I heard it as German General (or Kaiser) to Swiss private and “shoot twice before going to lunch.” Wish it was true :cool:

ObGP11Content

I scored a case at 4S a few years back. Don’t think I’ll ever see that again.

R

I have found my reloads to be much better than gp11 as well

I have found my reloads to be much better than gp11 as well

I’m gonna need to ask you to please post your load data with a statement like that!

I said please!!! :D

I still haven’t gotten around to filling my 7.5x55 cases with powder/projectiles yet, but would really like a tried and tested starting point to work with to save me some time.

I’m gonna need to ask you to please post your load data with a statement like that!

I said please!!! :D

I still haven’t gotten around to filling my 7.5x55 cases with powder/projectiles yet, but would really like a tried and tested starting point to work with to save me some time.
I run 44 gr of IMR-4064 under a 168 gr Nosler CC. I got half inch groups at 100 yards. Pretty much the same as GP11.

Excellent...thank you.

The other guy said his reloads performed BETTER than GP-11. Now, @Mountain can be about as sharp as a butter knife bayonet sometimes and he likes making fun of my other hobby as a shake weight semi-pro competitor, but he's given it a serious 'go' with reloading for the K31 and swears he hasn't found much close to GP11...and he even had some good starting points from some K31 guru competition shooter.

Now my next question is...how the heck are you shooting 1/2" groups at 100yds?!?! Or do i remember faintly that you gamed the system and put some glass on yours?

Also, as a public service anouncement...DUPAGE TRADING has a non-import marked Schmidt Rubin 1911 long rifle on their page today for $500 clams!!! That's a really great deal if it's all matching. I already have one with ungodly import marks, but it's a REAL cherry rifle otherwise, so I can't bear to upgrade it.

Excellent...thank you.

The other guy said his reloads performed BETTER than GP-11. Now, @Mountain can be about as sharp as a butter knife bayonet sometimes and he likes making fun of my other hobby as a shake weight semi-pro competitor, but he's given it a serious 'go' with reloading for the K31 and swears he hasn't found much close to GP11...and he even had some good starting points from some K31 guru competition shooter.

Now my next question is...how the heck are you shooting 1/2" groups at 100yds?!?! Or do i remember faintly that you gamed the system and put some glass on yours?

Also, as a public service anouncement...DUPAGE TRADING has a non-import marked Schmidt Rubin 1911 long rifle on their page today for $500 clams!!! That's a really great deal if it's all matching. I already have one with ungodly import marks, but it's a REAL cherry rifle otherwise, so I can't bear to upgrade it.

I'm just jealous because my shake weight days are over. Ever since that carpal tunnel thing. Or was my eyesight starting to go bad?

I think I've come close to GP-11 but not really better. As 76Too mentions, I even tried a load that won Perry a few years back. Good but not great for me. Have to check the stash but think I may have some 175 ELD's that are one of the closest modern equivalents to the GP11 projectile. I'm thinking there's going to be a Varget load for that.

Excellent...thank you.

[rofl] Correct. I slapped a scope on my K31.

I have yet to reload my Swiss brass, though I just got some H4350 and some 175gr sierra match kings. I bought some PPU 7.5 swiss off TargetSports USA a while back but it's been a good 2 years now since they've had it in stock. It shot really well.

Back
Top Bottom