• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone see an issue with this storage in a vehicle?

I do not drive a vehicle that has console locks or safes available. So I made this today. I used a premade safe, mounted it, bolted it to the vehicle and put a auxiliary finger print scanner to open it. This is not for long term storage, just for when I am someone carrying would not be allowed.

If you click them they are videos
View: https://imgur.com/fCTvZUH

View: https://imgur.com/0zwnvxv

I use a Pelican case with a steel bicycle cable going around a significant portion of the chassis. It would take a chop saw to get into that.

I keep a car safe in my car if I ever need to lock it up because I can’t carry somewhere. I leave a small Plano case w a lock in it in Madame’s car for the same reason. Less worried about it getting stolen than not being able to store it properly in a pinch.

Fingerprint safes should not be used for defensive firearms. Far too unreliable
Can use an aux button or finger print. But if you have a aux button is in considered locked in a non free state? I used the finger print to prevent issues.

Not to be a downer but would that fall under some stupid BS law about “secret” compartments?
Either way still really friggen cool. Should put up a how to. So we can all do it.

Not to be a downer but would that fall under some stupid BS law about “secret” compartments?
Either way still really friggen cool. Should put up a how to. So we can all do it.
Maybe if I carpeted the front to blend it. But who knows. I will risk that fight. It is no more secret vs a glove box.

First you build it. Then you ask. I like your style.

Anyone see an issue with this storage in a vehicle?

LOL. It looks great. I want one.

But I wonder, since you asked. After all the work, what if some lawyer comes here and tells you that doesn't meet the requirements of the law?

Last edited:
I thought (in mass) locking your guns in your car was "not legal storage" ....screw it Im keeping the handgun on me. If I cant bring it where im going.....im going home

What DVD you gon' pop in?
Eggcellent idea. Store a couple of CDs in the compartment when it doesn't contain a gun.

Or grab a copy of the PDF for the car's owner's manual.

Edit in a new page with prose going on and on about the "CD caddy",
and have a copy printed off at (ironically) Copy Cops.

Toss the new manual in the glove compartment
and the old manual in the garbage.

If you get pulled over,
just show the cop "standard equipment, mon".
idjft.jpg

What? Secret compartment law? Lol.
@AHM probably has a link!
News to me,
unless you're thinking of that French Connection rocker panel production still
that I posted in some random thread (skoolie conversion? LOL)

Back
Top Bottom