• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone reload 410 for skeet shooting?

icyclefar

NES Member
I want to start reloading 410 shells for skeet shooting, all hints, tips, and advice is greatly appreciated.

From the research I've done I'm leaning towards the following spec.

Winchester AA HS hulls

Winchester 209 primers

Clay buster wads (said to be a direct replacement for Winchester WAA410HS)

Hodgdon H110 powder (16.7 grains to achieve 1300fps)

1/2 oz of #9 lead shot

My only 410 shotgun is a Remington 1000 Sporter so it is important to me to have enough power to reliably cycle to bolt.

Last edited:
I would point you to the Hodgdon site for the specific reload data. Please keep in mind that you do NOT "work up" a shot shell reload. It is a specific recipe, based on specific components, which the manufacturer certifies will result in safe pressures. Don't mix and match components from one recipe to another. You have to follow the specific reload data exactly.

I presume you really meant Hodgdon H110 powder (see how easy it is to make a dangerous mistake in typing out reload data???)

Here's their site:
http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

Last edited:
I want to start reloading 410 shells for skeet shooting, all hints, tips, and advice is greatly appreciated.

From the research I've done I'm leaning towards the following spec.

Winchester AA HS hulls

Winchester 209 primers

Clay buster wads (said to be a direct replacement for Winchester WAA410HS)

Hodgdon H110 powder (16.7 grains to achieve 1300fps)

1/2 oz of #9 lead shot

My only 410 shotgun is a Remington 1000 Sporter so it is important to me to have enough power to reliably cycle to bolt.
I have only used W296 powder with the Winchester AA hulls and WAA410 wads. The load was printed in the W-W 14th Edition reloading manual so I assume that it would cycle the semi auto action. I only sjoot it in an O/U. You should be able to find the data on the Hodgdon website.

Back
Top Bottom