Anyone rebuilds Glock mags in Boston?

I am thinking to have my mags rebuild, since I bought them used (Pre ban), anyone in Boston does it, and how much does it usually cost.

The springs, followers, baseplates and inserts are cheap and easily replaceable. Why not do it yourself?

Google is your friend. You tube as well.

Basically turn mag upside down. Push in dot on base and slide bottom off. It can be tough sometimes.

Voila. The mag is apart.

Yup, just check youtube. Note the orientation of the spring and follower you're replacing, and wear eye protection.

http://www.mygtul.com/

You are going to need this.

Saved me from ruining my mags.

Floor plates are a real hassle to remove and you will scratch your mags up real bad without this device.

Cute tool, but hardly a necessity. I use my hand, a small drift, and a bottle brush. No scratches on my mags, except from hitting the ground.

If you get the parts and live in Boston near the Dedham area you can pm me and I will meet up with you and help you do them.

http://www.mygtul.com/

You are going to need this.

Saved me from ruining my mags.

Floor plates are a real hassle to remove and you will scratch your mags up real bad without this device.

Maybe it's me, but I have no trouble taking apart Glock mags with the armorers tool or a punch, or a small screwdriver that can fit in the baseplate hole. Some of the old ones can be crusty, but it's not a big deal. You just jam the tool in the hole in the base, squeeze the sides, and push forward.

-Mike

Excessively long video, but the meat is at 0:58 or so. No damage. I can even do it and I have like girl/child hands. [laugh]

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW while we're at it, you should note that all Glock mag parts are not equal. If you have ancient mags, the follower in play is often somewhat different... so make sure you buy the right parts. The spring (the most likely part to get worn) is usually the same, although I think on some models there may even be a couple different springs.

-Mike

Thanks for the info. After a quick google search, it seems like Lone Wolf has all the parts I need, but any local dealers stock mag parts, I have three "U" shape pre ban mags.

get the Glock armorer tool. You would be shocked at how much you can do with it (on your Glock!). If you have really old mags without the button on the bottom on the base plate upgrade those to the newer type at the same time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No, you're not. Unless you're a complete fumblefingers, disassembling and reassembling the mags is pretty simple once you see it done and get through the first one yourself.

+1. I saw a guy at a match using that thing Saturday and had a hard time understanding what it was or why it would be needed. [thinking]

Is there something in the MA legal 10 round 9mm mags that makes it so you can't disassemble them? I have couple lying around and have never been able to get the floor plate off, those little tabs that keep it on wont move when I squeeze the sides of the mag

Is there something in the MA legal 10 round 9mm mags that makes it so you can't disassemble them? I have couple lying around and have never been able to get the floor plate off, those little tabs that keep it on wont move when I squeeze the sides of the mag

Press harder. If you are really desperate, gently pinch the sides of the mag with a pair of channellocks that have electrical tape over the teeth.

-Mike

Thanks for the info. After a quick google search, it seems like Lone Wolf has all the parts I need, but any local dealers stock mag parts, I have three "U" shape pre ban mags.

If you have U notch, you need to replace the follower with the 9mm3. The current follower 9mm 6 - fits ONLY mags factory supplied with "4", "5" or "6" followers. Got that info from the current official Glock parts list.

I talked to the sale rep at Lone Wolf, and I ordered the 9mm3 followers, 445 floor plates, Old style inserts, and springs for my "U" notch mags.

Got all the parts yesterday, with no experience what so ever, it took less than five mins to rebuild one, and the rebuild Glock mag on youtube is very helpful as well.

Back
Top Bottom