Anyone planning on giving knives this Christmas? 2018, 2019 AND NOW! 2020!!!

Ooh! I am looking for an ESEE-6. The CM6 might fill that bill...

BAM! Got one on order. Best price around $122.95 w/ free shipping!

ESEE CM-6 (Terrill Hoffman) - TheKnifeConnection

ESEE-CM6-1024x346.jpg

ESEErccm6.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda like the G10 scales in Ranger Green, Brown & Black or Mil Spec Camo

TKC-CM6HandleKit-RGG10.jpg

TKC-CM6HandleKit-BrnBG10-2X2.jpg

TKC-CM6HandleKit-MSCG10-3X3.jpg

6B03B59E-0C52-4EA1-87A5-EFB331CCAB72.png Christmas knife thread is turning in to another Esee thread.

Thinking about a PM3 for my brother. I love S35 and that brown is easy on the eyes.
$150 may be a bit steep though.
Spyderco loves their sprint runs...

Thinking about a PM3 for my brother. I love S35 and that brown is easy on the eyes.
$150 may be a bit steep though.
Spyderco loves their sprint runs...
i have a para3 sprint with cpm cruwear steel. i swap it out with with a vg-10 sabre ground delica as a daily driver. i put a deep pocket carry titanium clip on the p3. makes it melt right into any pocket. that cruwear is a bitch to touch up but worth it when done properly.

About 8 years ago, I bought all the men in my family a benchmade mini grip for christmas. Just started my first job out of college and was 'flush'. Bought 12 in all (one for me of course!).

I've never seen any of them carry that knife. That was a quick lesson.

Thinking about asking for them back this year....

About 8 years ago, I bought all the men in my family a benchmade mini grip for christmas. Just started my first job out of college and was 'flush'. Bought 12 in all (one for me of course!).

I've never seen any of them carry that knife. That was a quick lesson.

Thinking about asking for them back this year....

Did the same for the groomsmen in my wedding. Benchmade mini grips, had the blades laser engraved with their first initial & last name. I’ve only seen one of the four carry the knives. That one in particular used it A LOT! Guess it makes up for the other three.

7A8BB66B-83BE-4620-B8F0-EF03E710F525.jpeg image.jpg Just received, and would highly recommend the Spyderco Delica.

I got this saber grind as a gift earlier this week, it made the rotation just yesterday(still need to make it a lefty carry). I already had his flat ground wharncliffe brother in the same VG-10. I find the tip on the Saber grind much sharper and easier to use than the wharnie, probably because of ergonomics, and a much better slicer. It also fits better in the pocket than the wharncliffe. Mainly because of the reduced blade pronunciation. (See pic). The scales on the Delicas aren’t fully pinned and can be opened for cleaning and maintenance. Pocket lint stands no chance.

I can’t recommend enough, Spyderco’s VG-10, especially in a lightweight design with a strong lock. Shaving sharp out of the box, easy to maintain, easy to sharpen. A real dream, IMHO.

Lastly, let it be known that there are still good people out there. It becomes more and more important to surround yourself with those that would do good. Not because they must, but because they can, and have a willingness to do so freely.

Cheers
-Dave

I get my family members Rough Riders from SMKW. They are cheap beaters, and last well beyond a year. Then I spend the year yelling at everyone who asks for my knife "Where the F**K is yours!?"

Hopefully I'll start shaming people into carrying knives again and being useful.

I have 2 old school BSA pocketknives . Nice carbon steel. One is mine. One was my dads. Going to nephews. After the obligatory lessons on knife safety. They will of course cut themselves at some point or close the blade on a finger. Lord knows I did when my uncle gave me my first folder. Other than that I'll buy myself a few for the holidays and get Pop's whatever I find that he might be interested in.

Christmas 2019 is coming. Who's on your 'Nice' list and what are you getting them...?

I've got a nephew that earned a Candiru this Summer...

TIK-ESEE-CAN-DT-III.jpg

candiru-kit.jpg

Comes with a paracord wrap, kydex sheath, clip mount hardware (great for discrete boot-carry, small enough for a neck-knife) and some other do-hickies like ferrous rod w/ whistle, clips and hooks.
Not bad for $37.96... and American-Made!

Description
The Candiru is a nasty little parasitic fish that is native to the Amazon River. The fish is small, just like the knife it is named after, but both are tough as nails. Skeleton frame construction, with 1095 powder coated carbon steel. This knife is designed to be the perfect lightweight survival kit or concealed carry knife. Includes a molded polymer sheath.

The complete Candiru kit includes: Clip Plate, Paracord (for cord wrapping handle or use as a lanyard), Cord Lock, Snap (for snapping system on to outdoor gear), Split Ring, Fire Flint, Whistle, and Instruction Sheet.

Specifications:

• Overall Length: 5.13″
  • Blade Length: 2.0″
  • Blade Thickness: .125″
  • Sheath: Molded Polymer
  • Weight: 1.7 oz.
  • Made in the USA!

i'm getting my son a knife from Altamont (pistol grips co, Google it) which has a series of beautifully engraved Buck 110's, I'll get some pics tomorrow. They currently have four styles. This is "The Woodsman" (Appropriate for an Eagle Scout I think.) They're only making 750 in each style. He's been collecting knives for a few years now but has nothing like this. I cant wait to see his face when he opens it. :D

(yes, I made the clock case, That's why I'm Twigg.:cool:
DSC00268.JPG Xmas f.JPG

Last edited:
The old lady doesn't know it yet, but she is getting me the Ashley game knife.

ESEE Knives Ashley Game Knife | Tactical Intent

f17fb8ae-5475-5712-acb8-45ace17cba85.jpg

Great looking skinner/boner.
"No Questions Asked" Lifetime Warranty.
Last game-processing knife you'll ever need.

I really like ESEE's Black Oxide Stone-Washed blades.
The Canvas Micarta is grippy too, but can sometimes "sponge" liquids up.

Are you thinking of sealing the top layer of micarta with mineral oil or beeswax?
I like food-grade mineral oil on all my blades that skin or bone something I'm going to eat. Mineral oil carries over to micarta very well as a fiber sealant and can be washed out with Dawn soap and warm water. This will keep game-blood from seeping in and staining. It will darken the lighter micarta scales a bit, but it will be an 'even' darkening unlike game-blood 'splotched' staining...

Let us know how you like the knife...

~Enbloc

Last edited:
Knives for Christmas in 2019 anyone...?!
Maybe a sharpening system or custom sheath?!

When I get asked "What do you want for Christmas?"
I say: "Anything pointy..."

Knives for Christmas in 2019 anyone...?!
Maybe a sharpening system or custom sheath?!

When I get asked "What do you want for Christmas?"
I say: "Anything pointy..."
After seeing that news post from Britain about how terrifying some knoves were, and they used a credit card looking knife as an example, I ordered 10 from Amazon. I think I paid $5 for all 10.

I gave 2 away earlier today and will give 4 more away when I go with my friends to do our yearly pic with Santa.

The quality is good. It is not meant to be opening it constantly, it folds as a credit card and the sides are plastic.

They sent me an extra knife that has 2 metal plates on the sides. The rest are just hard plastic.

20191218_133610.jpg20191218_133549.jpg

Last edited:
It is going to be tight, but if I can pull it off, and do so in time, I’ll be handing out some Wa-Gyuto’s this year. Who doesn’t need a good cow sword?

I’m using hardened D2 steel. This blank ought to yield somewhere around 15-16 blades. I’ve got a bit of work left, but it’s a start...

D5F92FD5-D288-4BF7-BEB5-D2059E4FBB77.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom