Anyone own the Sig P320 Compact?

I ordered the flat and the curved yesterday. The flat is already sold out today.
I have really been looking forward to this part. I think it's going to make the trigger (which is already nice and crisp) perfect.
I'm waiting for my flat to arrive. I tried a grayguns trigger on a 320F this past weekend, what a difference. I was amazed how nice it was. Def lighter and way smoother all around.

Finally picked one up, Got a compact and fullsize grip and a pile of mags coming in the mail.

The trigger does this weird thing when dry firing with a empty mag in. Its like it has two clicks. Havent taken it to the range yet due to snow but, I expect that second click is only present when dry firing with the mag. Doesnt seem to be there with the mag out.

Since the Army's decision was announced, there is now a run on P320's because, of course, now people want them that they got the Army's nod.

I was in my LGS yesterday, and he tells me that he can't get them now.

Figures, right?

Glad I grabbed mine when I did.

Got my Dawson Precisions sights thrown on this past weekend. So far I'm digging the blacked out rear.

613321d6b0907e068d45bf90344bc4b0.jpg

Since the Army's decision was announced, there is now a run on P320's because, of course, now people want them that they got the Army's nod.

I was in my LGS yesterday, and he tells me that he can't get them now.

Figures, right?

Glad I grabbed mine when I did.
I think Maura has a lot to do w/the Ma. sales.

Not sure I want a lighter trigger. And yes, I checked them and they're also on back order.
you can leave stock spring in if desired. I like the flat's profile more than the apex flat trigger. Apex's is wide and Gray's is as wide as stock trigger.

I think Maura has a lot to do w/the Ma. sales.
The only thing she and the previous AG's can be blamed on is the additional requirements they put on Gun Manufacturers. Sig is not going to stop a production line to switch over to making a few Mass Compliant guns. They have to gear up for that to add the manual safety and different Grip Modules. I suspect when they do that back orders will be filled.

The only thing she and the previous AG's can be blamed on is the additional requirements they put on Gun Manufacturers. Sig is not going to stop a production line to switch over to making a few Mass Compliant guns. They have to gear up for that to add the manual safety and different Grip Modules. I suspect when they do that back orders will be filled.
I think the reason for the mass sales here is that we can't buy a new Glock thanks to Maura and her predecessors.

I think the reason for the mass sales here is that we can't buy a new Glock thanks to Maura and her predecessors.

The P320 is getting popular because it's a Glock alternative that is turning out to be pretty decent, it's literally that simple. There's an entire category of people that either can't hold a Glock properly because of the shape of their hand, or other ergonomic issues; and the P320 is sort of a relief valve for that kind of thing in the market, particularly given its simplicity. The fact that it comes in and is convertible to like 3 different form factors is a huge plus, too. There are a lot of other good polymer framed handguns but they only come in one or two form factors (eg, like HK's VP9 or Walther's offerings...)

I don't see the compliance thing as a big deal from a selection standpoint- anyone who wants a Glock here, just gets one, whether maura likes it or not. Despite the "ban that isn't a ban" it's probably top 5 most popular brand in MA, along with Sig and S&W.

-Mike

"anyone who wants a Glock here, just gets one, whether maura likes it or not." ******* Not without paying a hefty price. I would have bought a G19 if I could find one for the same price as a 320C w/nightsights.

"anyone who wants a Glock here, just gets one, whether maura likes it or not." ******* Not without paying a hefty price. I would have bought a G19 if I could find one for the same price as a 320C w/nightsights.

I haven't paid an overprice on Glocks and havent since like 2007 or so. Even if someone is lazy and only goes to the easy catch the $900 glock morons are kind of a myth. Most people don't actually pay that unless they're stupid. When I sold a few of mine a few years ago I wasn't that far from what my cost was. It's not like someone is paying Rolex money and getting a Casio. Don't get me wrong I hate the MA bullshit too, but it's not a factor worth even worrying about in the overall scope of things. With most of my guns I have poured like 2-4 times the cost of the gun worth of ammo (or reload materials) down the barrel, the base cost of the gun is mostly buried in the noise vs time.

The only way I can see price being a real factor in that realm is if someone is so poor they had to save up for a couple of years to buy a
handgun. Even then, though, they'd be better served by buying a cheaper, but serviceable used handgun like a Ruger P95DC for a few hundred bucks and calling it a day, if price sensitivity is that big of a consideration.

-Mike

Last edited:
"The only way I can see price being a real factor in that realm is if someone is so poor they had to save up for a couple of years to buy a
handgun. Even then, though, they'd be better served by buying a cheaper, but serviceable used handgun like a Ruger P95DC for a few hundred bucks and calling it a day, if price sensitivity is that big of a consideration.

-Mike"
If anyone has a Gen 3/4 G19 in great shape for sale at a reasonable price let me.

Ordered a 320C from the Sig Pro shop last Wednesday. Got a call it's on it's way to my FFL. So maybe more will be coming in to the Local Gun Shops soon.

Last I heard they weren't expecting many more shipments of 320s due to the Army contract. Not sure if that applies to the Cs or just full size.

I know the Army guns will be built on a separate production line. If that matters.

Maybe they'll let a percentage of the Army assembly line filter out to MA FFLs. I want to try a small grip on my compact P320 but there aren't any with the safety cutout available anywhere.

I just took the plunge and ordered the Grayguns curved trigger, too. Figure I can use it on my older P320 FCU and "get two birds stoned at once" because that gun has some trigger slap to it, too.

-Mike

I just took the plunge and ordered the Grayguns curved trigger, too. Figure I can use it on my older P320 FCU and "get two birds stoned at once" because that gun has some trigger slap to it, too.

-Mike
Mike
The Grayguns trigger drops the trigger pull to 2-2.5lbs according to their description which could be to light for carry. Let me know what you think when you install it.

Mike
The Grayguns trigger drops the trigger pull to 2-2.5lbs according to their description which could be to light for carry. Let me know what you think when you install it.

It drops the pull by 2-2.5 not to 2-2.5. Watch their video, pull is in the 5s from in the high 7s.

Mike

If it does exactly that (reduces it by 2 pounds or so) I will be pleased- it'll bring it into the sweet spot, my P320s are both, unscientifically by my finger, lol, at least 7+, which is just a tad too heavy (although not intolerable, because the trigger itself is otherwise fundamentally decent, I'd rather shoot a P320 stock any day of the week over even things like an M&P free state trigger. It's positive, it's quick, it's pliable..

(ETA: I just realized that you misinterpreted the specs, but because I speed read it, didn't come out that way) I meant if it drops 2 pounds or so off stock..)

[video=vimeo;205251913]https://vimeo.com/205251913/094711086b[/video]

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom