Anyone own a Rossi 357 wheelgun?

Try to pickup one of the newer one with the lifetime guarantee offered by Taurus.

I picked up an 877 from this forum last year that was from Interarms. No problems with it. It was sturdy, well constructed and was a great value for the money. The finish on it was kinda rough with some sharp edges but nothing that was wrong with it.

The other things against it wasn't the fault of Rossi but rather the market- no one made a holster or replacement grips specifically for it. You had to buy a generic item and get used to it or try to customize something.

Rossi, Taurus, Jennings, Davis etc. I wouldn't buy a bargain basement parachute or scuba regulator and I don't see the wisdom in buying a bargain basement, third rate gun either.
For a couple more bucks you can pick up a used Smith & Wesson. You'll have it forever, you'll find accessories everywhere and you'll have a nice heirloom to pass down the line.

Rossi, Taurus, Jennings, Davis etc. I wouldn't buy a bargain basement parachute or scuba regulator and I don't see the wisdom in buying a bargain basement, third rate gun either.
For a couple more bucks you can pick up a used Smith & Wesson. You'll have it forever, you'll find accessories everywhere and you'll have a nice heirloom to pass down the line.

Have you owned one or are you just going by what you read? I can't speak for the other brands you mention but the Taurus and Rossi revolvers I had were pretty decent. Granted they weren't as nice fit and finish but they worked.

Have you owned one or are you just going by what you read? I can't speak for the other brands you mention but the Taurus and Rossi revolvers I had were pretty decent. Granted they weren't as nice fit and finish but they worked.

Brazilian made guns give me a queasy feeling......
=
Taurus_357KB.jpg

[puke]

I've seen a Blackhawk that looked like that and I recall someone who now has limited fingers from an S&W 500 that did the same.
I'd blame sloppy reloading, not the gun

I've seen a Blackhawk that looked like that and I recall someone who now has limited fingers from an S&W 500 that did the same.
I'd blame sloppy reloading, not the gun

I got the back story with that one, it was FACTORY ammo, the owner was NOT a reloader. Taurus did replace the gun under warranty.

Second the notion of buying used S&W

If you know you want a .357 revolver, just scour the classifieds.

I knew I wanted a .357 S&W 686 4 inch barrel, got my LTC ALP at the beginning of the year, finally bought the gun a couple weeks ago. Is like new, has all the accessories, including original case, and was a nice value, certainly comparable pricewise with a new Rossi.

Is just so sweet a handgun, perfectly finished, is almost like adding an heirloom to the family. Am glad I waited to find what I wanted, prefer a slightly used classic built on craftmanship level to a cheaper alternative built on a production level..

Be patient, know what you want, and use another holiday to present your gift. This is the gift of defense and is not an area to scrimp on quality, so if you have to scrimp on price buy used so you can still buy quality.

Back
Top Bottom