• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone on AmCon?

Know about it, I've been following Mike and AmCon. Haven't gone to locals page yet. Figure thats why we've got NES?
That AmCon IG page is like a nation or Reptiles posting updates of upcoming "protests". Tons of info.

Joined at the begin, but theyare still in the building stages. They have instructional videos on different subject matter, including links to his company “Fieldcraft Survival“ in Utah. It is broken down to regional sites for local information. It’s definitely worth the $5 a month. The locals app is a more secure site, a friend of his his the developer.

I was concerned at first, but he explained that he was vetting the membership for trolls. The process has been slow for the northeast, they’ve been concentrating their interviews on the hot spots (west coast, southwest, etc). Hope that helps.

Going by my “feels”, it just doesn’t feel right. I like some of the stuff he puts out, but this seems like an awful easy way for government and others to grab so much information.

Going by my “feels”, it just doesn’t feel right. I like some of the stuff he puts out, but this seems like an awful easy way for government and others to grab so much information.

I agree. A few months ago I joined and started the vetting process but got a little creeped out and stopped the process. Plus, there doesn’t seem to be much going on at the amconma sites. Let’s wait and see...

Joined but haven’t done much with it. Haven’t been vetted yet. Researched Mike pretty extensively and he seems legit and the platform seems safe as well as the idea grounded and not r a d I c a l , e x t r e m e.

Passed vetting, waiting on confirmation. The amcon ma group is actively starting their own vetting processes in preparation for moving forward with meets, training etc. I think its still very early in the process to where Mike wants it to be but definitely moving forward.

Passed vetting, waiting on confirmation. The amcon ma group is actively starting their own vetting processes in preparation for moving forward with meets, training etc. I think its still very early in the process to where Mike wants it to be but definitely moving forward.
Are you a paid member? How long did it take for vetting? I haven’t got anything in 2 months but didn’t know if they only vet paid members?

Yes I'm a paying member. Mine was finished within 3 weeks I think? Yes they only vet paying members. I advocate for people on there to come join us here too.

I just found out about this today from my gun site in Indiana. I’m just figuring out it’s pretty locally focused, but I’m in the north shore for a month or more every year to visit my mom at different times...is there any ability to change your location based on travel?

Starting the process on joining myself, I agree that it does seem to require a bit more information than I am generally comfortable giving out but if it bridges the gap between online forums and actual in-person preparedness training and education them I'm in. FWIW I'm in eastern MA, which does seem quiet on the internal forums so far.

Looks like they're already on the radar.
Not that other forums, including NES are not. Not speaking for anyone else but I'm surely on several lists and fairly vocal in my patriotism and objections to government overreach.
(Hasn't affected my security clearance yet tho)

It's interesting looking back on the start of this. I feel compelled to report back that I met with some members locally last year. One particular individual at the meetup glowed. I wasn't fully convinced until he asked me to do something, not illegal, but a small task that could be considered problematic. Yeah. Noped the f*** out of there in a hurry.

It's interesting looking back on the start of this. I feel compelled to report back that I met with some members locally last year. One particular individual at the meetup glowed. I wasn't fully convinced until he asked me to do something, not illegal, but a small task that could be considered problematic. Yeah. Noped the f*** out of there in a hurry.
Did he want you to cut a couple of inches off his shotgun? What's the worst that could happen?

Back
Top Bottom