Anyone need 7x57 R ammo?? I have 4k rounds to unload.

Just wondering? I know it's really a vague, european style round but I thought I'd put it out there to see what bbubbles up.
Let me know guys.
thanks,
Grog

Just wondering? I know it's really a vague, european style round but I thought I'd put it out there to see what bbubbles up.
Let me know guys.
thanks,
Grog
Do u still have the 5.7 Ammo? How much a box?

I'll have to check the laws to see if I can ship to you. I don't have an FFL but I don't know that there is a law stopping me from shipping to you. Give me a day or so to research.

I'll have to check the laws to see if I can ship to you. I don't have an FFL but I don't know that there is a law stopping me from shipping to you. Give me a day or so to research.

Actually, don't spend time researching it, sorry. Appears to be the rimmed version, which I don't need.

You can ship it, it has to be properly labelled on the exterior. Was ORMD, is now different.

Here's UPS requirements:

Actually, don't spend time researching it, sorry. Appears to be the rimmed version, which I don't need.
miniion, if you shoot 7x57mm are you interested in a new Montana Rifle Co. rifle just purchased this year? I've only shot 30-40 rounds through it. Great gun, highly accurate, I'll even include the Vortex scope I bought for it. I have an old German Mauser that I really like in 7x57, sweet shooter. I expected the new gun to be the same but it's lighter and kicks a lot more, not what I was looking for. Just throwing out there for you before I post it on the site.
Grog

miniion, if you shoot 7x57mm are you interested in a new Montana Rifle Co. rifle just purchased this year? I've only shot 30-40 rounds through it. Great gun, highly accurate, I'll even include the Vortex scope I bought for it. I have an old German Mauser that I really like in 7x57, sweet shooter. I expected the new gun to be the same but it's lighter and kicks a lot more, not what I was looking for. Just throwing out there for you before I post it on the site.
Grog
Appreciate the offer, sir. I do have, however, 3 rifles in this caliber.
All of them Mausers, of course....

I could probably use some for one of my Mausers (Argentino 7.65x53?) but never go out to western MA

Appreciate the offer, sir. I do have, however, 3 rifles in this caliber.
All of them Mausers, of course....
Are they new or older model Mauser? Mine is an 1895 German made Mauser that shoots incredibly accurate, I bought the Montana rifle because I didn't want to wear out the 1895 Mauser barrel but I wanted to shot that cartridge. I also hand load for it and that really makes a difference in accuracy and kick. Such a sweet caliber as I'm sure you are aware.
Grog

Are they new or older model Mauser? Mine is an 1895 German made Mauser that shoots incredibly accurate, I bought the Montana rifle because I didn't want to wear out the 1895 Mauser barrel but I wanted to shot that cartridge. I also hand load for it and that really makes a difference in accuracy and kick. Such a sweet caliber as I'm sure you are aware.
Grog
1935 Chilenos Mauser, carbine. 1908 Brazilian and 1935 Venezuelan carbine. Sweet shooting round. Tried talking myself in the new rave of 6.5-6.8, could not do it. As a brush gun, the 1935 carbine is unbeatable, imo.

1935 Chilenos Mauser, carbine. 1908 Brazilian and 1935 Venezuelan carbine. Sweet shooting round. Tried talking myself in the new rave of 6.5-6.8, could not do it. As a brush gun, the 1935 carbine is unbeatable, imo.
I Love the 7x57mm cartridge no matter what you shoot it out of! Wish I had a collection like yours, mine sadly is just the one old German gun and the new one that I don't care much for. If you run across anyone looking for a good 7x57mm rifle point them my way, Montana Rifle Co. makes great rifles just not what I wanted.
Grog

I Love the 7x57mm cartridge no matter what you shoot it out of! Wish I had a collection like yours, mine sadly is just the one old German gun and the new one that I don't care much for. If you run across anyone looking for a good 7x57mm rifle point them my way, Montana Rifle Co. makes great rifles just not what I wanted.
Grog
I will certainly do so.

Didn't you quote 7x57R? These are a rimmed cartridge and they are not for your Mexican, Spanish , Chilean or Argentine (7.65x54mm) Mausers. Just like the 8x57R is not for your K98, FN-49, Hakim and such.

From the Wikipedia link above...

7×57mmR (rimmed)[edit]​

A rimmed cartridge was developed from the 7×57mm shortly after its introduction for use in break-action rifles and combination guns. A rimmed cartridge greatly simplifies the issues of designing an extractor, particularly in a combination gun or "drilling" which must also be designed to extract rimmed shotgun shells. While various modern break-action and single-shot rifle and pistol designs have been developed that can reliably extract rimless cartridges, most of these date from the 1970s or later.[citation needed] While the external dimensions of the two versions are nearly identical other than the rim, there are differences in the internal design. In particular, the cartridge web, the area immediately above the rim on the rimmed version or the rebate on the rimless version, is thinner in the rimmed case, and some authorities recommend limiting the rimmed cartridge to 41,000 CUP because of this.[11]

7×57mmR hunting cartridge

Back
Top Bottom