• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Messed With The XIEGU G90?

The Xiegu G90 - 20 Watt HF 10-160m SDR transceiver - Ive been curious for a while given its $449 price tag. Yes, its Chinese (I feel like most of the Japanese radios are made in China now as well?)

Anyone have hands on with one of these units? Looking for a small HF unit that can run for extended times on battery on a budget.

N1DRB

I don't own one but know someone who does and they are actually a decent sounding radio. I've considered buying one myself but not yet decided.

If I didn't already own an Icom 706, I would probably spring for one. Solid State HF amps that would boost that 20 watts to 100 watts (or more) are a dime a dozen on the interwebs.

If I didn't already own an Icom 706, I would probably spring for one. Solid State HF amps that would boost that 20 watts to 100 watts (or more) are a dime a dozen on the interwebs.
I have a deposit on the new Icom 705, but lord knows when that might actually be released now. And, its only 10 watts... But damn, I love the form factor! Thanks for the feedback! (Man, I really dont want to buy Chinese...)

Back
Top Bottom