• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone looking for a .308 CMP special?

$150 cheaper via CMP if you're willing to wait two weeks.
A 308 M1 might be cool someday, but so far down the list for me that by the time I might want one, I will be priced out.

$150 cheaper via CMP if you're willing to wait two weeks.
A 308 M1 might be cool someday, but so far down the list for me that by the time I might want one, I will be priced out.
small premium for seeing it before buying it and if its nice wood thats a plus. Last few Garands I have seen (past 3 months 2 specials and 1 SG) the wood is so plain and lifeless.

small premium for seeing it before buying it and if its nice wood thats a plus. Last few Garands I have seen (past 3 months 2 specials and 1 SG) the wood is so plain and lifeless.
I thought about that but there's also the inverse--save $150 and you get a "warranty."

If anyone remembers, my CMP special's rear sight assembly had to go back--the contractor that did the blasting/reparking goofed and caused it so that the elevation also changed the windage. CMP mailed me new sights right away for free. I don't know if they'd extend that courtesy to a second owner.

I ca
I thought about that but there's also the inverse--save $150 and you get a "warranty."

If anyone remembers, my CMP special's rear sight assembly had to go back--the contractor that did the blasting/reparking goofed and caused it so that the elevation also changed the windage. CMP mailed me new sights right away for free. I don't know if they'd extend that courtesy to a second owner.
the goof was on the cmp assembly line for installing those in the first place...but it is what it is.

I ca

the goof was on the cmp assembly line for installing those in the first place...but it is what it is.
I'll cut them a little slack. I didn't notice at first, I was trying to sight it in and kept noticing that when I'd fix one thing (elevation or windage) and then try to adjust the other, I'd get the original thing screwed up. Took me probably 10 shots or so and I was thinking I was crazy.

Then I finally watched closely and noticed. I took it apart, scrubbed, cleaned as hard as I could, etc. No luck, and I didn't see any burrs or anything obvious to my eyes. But they made it right ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom