• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone loading 125gr poly coated bullets in 9mm?

Is anyone loading 125 grain FP poly-coated bullets in 9mm?

I did a lot of searching and in know Scrivner use{s,d} poly-coated but I think it was in .40 and .45. It looks like EC used them in .45 as well.

I'm wondering what powder people were using and if they had any leading problems. From my searching I've found data for WST, HP-6, and HP-38. I'm looking for a load to use them in my M&P9 and M&P9c.

I use them in 40 and 45. I just use the same powder I do for jacketed bullets, and load them with the same charge. I have not experienced any leading issues, even shooting them out of my Glocks.

Q: Do I use reloading data for lead or jacketed bullets?
A: You will use lead reloading data for ********* Bullets.

I use my lead loads for Poly Coated bullets. The above is what one manufacturer says about them.

Last edited:
Using the data in the manuals for lead bullets can be misleading. The MFRs that write the manuals often sell only swaged lead bullets, so the reloading data is extremely conservative because swaged bullets are no good much past 800fps. Hard cast bullets can use loading data that is closer to the jacketed loads.

Back
Top Bottom