Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

You have a better deal than $89 per thousand then lets hear it.
Just because Larry has em for $89 doesn’t mean they’ll stay that price forever. Also we shouldn’t be posting links to vendors who ship to MA. Can you edit your post to avoid getting the thread locked?

Grafs (doesn’t ship to MA) had remington SPP a couple days ago for $73 per 1k.

Last edited:
You have a better deal than $89 per thousand then lets hear it.

Defensive much? They’ve been popping up for less than that here and there, tiger. Don’t get all weird on me.

I think you’re not so right though. Availability is clearly better than it was even two weeks ago. I think we’ll see a slow/steady decline until we hit about $60-$65 when people are struggling to buy Christmas presents and, oh yeah, food.

Defensive much? They’ve been popping up for less than that here and there, tiger. Don’t get all weird on me.

I think you’re not so right though. Availability is clearly better than it was even two weeks ago. I think we’ll see a slow/steady decline until we hit about $60-$65 when people are struggling to buy Christmas presents and, oh yeah, food.
I do agree $60 may be where we end up eventually but as I said not for the near term cupcake.

Can’t find the other thread, too lazy to look (gotta get to work)

MSS has Varget in stock as of now. $43? Hazmat is only 20 from them and no limits. Make it worth it.

I know it’s the other unicorn dropping but figured this thread was close enough.
Thanks, I was having trouble finding Varget.... On order now.

That’s a tough one from what I gather. According to shootingbot, it was in stock at Grafs 22 days ago and 72 days ago at the valley. Wow

Womp womp wommmmpppp
Oh well

Maybe someone knows of an alternative? This is probably the wrong thread for it, but I’m trying to find faster powders for my 125 grain .308 obsession. Fast and flat from a 16” barrel. Ya-hoo?

Reloader 10/15 are somewhat similar but also notably missing from shelves. I’ve looked at N140 and 540, but their starting velocities just don’t compare to what I saw listed for AR-comp. Hodgdon powders seem to be more available (Varget excluded) but I don’t see anything similar.
Thoughts?

I saw an article today..that the value of small arms sales worldwide were estimated to be >$590 billion. I chuckled and said to myself “that number obviously does not include Andrew’s primer purchases”… [rofl]

And in the US, 11% is funneled to the federal government as an excise tax. Reloading components are not subject to that tax, so I feel better every time i reload.

Pittman-Robertson is a total waste of money IMO.

I skim their emails but deleted that one and didn't read the bottom.

A very small shipment of Winchester Small Pistol Primers arrived
$79.95 / box of 1000​
Surprised to see that. They literally beat all online sources.

Hopefully there’s still some left when your deli number is called. At least if they’re sold out you can still get your cold cuts and cheese for the week.

I skim their emails but deleted that one and didn't read the bottom.

A very small shipment of Winchester Small Pistol Primers arrived
$79.95 / box of 1000​
Surprised to see that. They literally beat all online sources.
Price is not surprising. Fact that they had some is. Carl's approach is long term greed treating each customer as an annuity rather than getting the very most out of each transaction.

Price is not surprising. Fact that they had some is.
Nah small pistol primers have been sitting for a bit now. Targetsports has had winchester SPP for at least 2 weeks now. Still in stock at $415 a case
Though now it's gone from 99+ cases in stock to 89 cases
And other shops (shooting supply and northeast arms) have SPP for sale. I think distributors are finally getting filled up with primers and allowing brick and mortar shops to get some. Before that you were only going to get primers online from the big retailers.

Seems like SPP production is catching up. LPP not so much, but I assume it will get there.

What's been annoying me lately is brass that, in normal times, has middling demand. Brass for oddball cartridges is often in stock or backorderable from Starline, but 44-40 and 32-20, both of which obviously have healthy niche markets, are just not available. I don't have rifles chambered for these cartridges, but on several occasions I have passed on opportunities to buy one because a) I'm a shooter, not a collector, and b) the brass has been consistently out of stock except for small-quantity-high-price range scrap here and there.

Back
Top Bottom