• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

.22 is coming down, 9mm is at $12/50, primers are going down...

I think it won't be long until they go down another $50 to maybe $100/K.

With free shipping and no Hazmat, $100K would be on par, sometimes cheaper than most online stores.

Still a sh*t price to pay. But moving in the right direction.
Don't forget sales tax lol. So it's almost $117 per 1k shipped right now💩💩

TSUSA lowered the prices on primers across the board by roughly $50 per 5k. For example the Remington SPP dropped from $599 to $549

So what is the secret member price for a case? Is that built into that price?

So what is the secret member price for a case? Is that built into that price?

There is no secret member price. There is the regular price and the prime member price. If I remember prime is 8% less.

Based on a prime price of $549 I'd expect the non prime price to be around $594

There is no secret member price. There is the regular price and the prime member price. If I remember prime is 8% less.

Based on a prime price of $549 I'd expect the non prime price to be around $594
That might be how it works on a prime-only page, but generally they do NOT post the prime price. It's easy to see the prime price by adding a prime membership to your cart. The cart will show the discounts. Anyway, the "Prime" discount does not apply to primers, apparently.

Target Sports used to advertise that "Prime" was "buy at our cost", but now it's "buy at wholesale - 8% off".

The term "wholesale" is vastly mis-used by sellers these days. As a general rule if you can get a "wholesale" price when you are not in or closely affiliated with the trade it's not "wholesale".

It reminds me of BJs testimony at a zoning hearing when someone complained that their warehouse location was zoned retail, not wholesale, and the BJs rep said "We are not a wholesaler. We just use that as a marketing term, it doesn't really mean anything".

Also, they shipped my 3 orders separate. Received all 3 tracking numbers this morning.
Stupid expensive but I also ordered #450 there. Hope they will ship fast. Email says expect 2-4 days of a delay on shipping, odd.

So far prices on primers were only increasing and valley now shows $105 per pack price, with more fees than target charges.

Stupid expensive but I also ordered #450 there. Hope they will ship fast. Email says expect 2-4 days of a delay on shipping, odd.

So far prices on primers were only increasing and valley now shows $105 per pack price, with more fees than target charges.
Probably too late now, but that place that is somewhere in the middle of the area below the Mason Dixon line has #450 in stock. They allow an order of 5 (No limit I've seen) and you could have saved about $50+ since their hazmat and shipping are reasonable.

They also got a restock on powder, so they have a lot of options (not everything of course)

So their primer prices went from utterly ridiculous to just ridiculous. Not blaming them specifically as almost all vendors are fairly close in primer pricing right now. Basically, it is not as economically feasible to reload bulk as it once was (hasn't for a while) and with ammo prices back down to just above reasonable, now is the time to refresh my factory ammo and get some new, once fired brass into the mix.

Probably too late now, but that place that is somewhere in the middle of the area below the Mason Dixon line has #450 in stock. They allow an order of 5 (No limit I've seen) and you could have saved about $50+ since their hazmat and shipping are reasonable.

They also got a restock on powder, so they have a lot of options (not everything of course)
Yup.
ljh.jpg

So their primer prices went from utterly ridiculous to just ridiculous. Not blaming them specifically as almost all vendors are fairly close in primer pricing right now. Basically, it is not as economically feasible to reload bulk as it once was (hasn't for a while) and with ammo prices back down to just above reasonable, now is the time to refresh my factory ammo and get some new, once fired brass into the mix.
I guess it depends on the caliber and what your use is. No way I'd shoot hot factory loaded 9mm ammo for IDPA/USPSA comps. If you're just a range plinker then maybe it makes sense to spend the few extra dollars and buy factory ammo??
But magnum calibers like 357 and 44 is where you can save a ton of money even with the high primer prices.

If your waiting for primers to get back down to $34 per 1k , just keep wishing, but that ship has sailed. Your other alternative to utterly ridiculous and ridiculous prices is take up chess as a new hobby. Its cheap.

But magnum calibers like 357 and 44 is where you can save a ton of money even with the high primer prices.
And on top of the high prices for low quality range ammo, availability is still a more critical issue for common big bore revolver calibers. Not that I’d care to buy mouse fart 45 Colt factory loads even when they were available, but they pretty much aren’t except for the occasional box of cowboy action LFN priced like it thinks it’s .375 HHM.

I did the math using some of the most expensive components. You can still reload for less.

I guess it depends on the caliber and what your use is. No way I'd shoot hot factory loaded 9mm ammo for IDPA/USPSA comps. If you're just a range plinker then maybe it makes sense to spend the few extra dollars and buy factory ammo??
If you sell the used brass and buy the cheapest 9mm (that BSA stuff was $12). Then maybe you can get close to reloading costs.

I hope 9mm reaches $10 again soon, so everyone stops buying primers and allow the prices to drop a little.

If your waiting for primers to get back down to $34 per 1k , just keep wishing, but that ship has sailed. Your other alternative to utterly ridiculous and ridiculous prices is take up chess as a new hobby. Its cheap.
I remember passing up $34/1000 primers thinking f@ck that, i know i can get them for $30 somewhere else.....

Sigh....

Right now my 9mm reloads would cost me about $0.26 in components, but the projectiles I have in stock are Zero JHPs, i.e. nice, copper-jacketed hollow-points, purchased just before the latest price hikes. I'm not saving much of anything versus buying cheapest range ammo, but if I purchased factory ammo of similar quality, the cost for that would be much higher, not that it matters. Well, I think my guns are cleaner after shooting my reloads than they were with cheap 9mm range ammo. That matters a little bit.

Well, I think my guns are cleaner after shooting my reloads than they were with cheap 9mm range ammo. That matters a little bit.
I was pleasantly surprised with how clean my reloads shot.
Being new to this I didn't know what to expect.
I know that some El cheapo reloads I bought during the panic of 14 were like black powder dirty.
A buddy that reloads and I went for a range session an his reloads were very smoky using CFE pistol.

Is there hope?!?!?!?!

$413 includes shipping for 5000 CCI #450
I mean…the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while.

Seriously…barring something insane (which VERY WELL COULD HAPPEN if the skin suit in chief declares a National Emergency), prices HAVE TO start coming down soon.

As others have pointed out, with the cost and availability of loaded ammo nearing a point that resembles ‘sane’, the components are destined to follow.

I just hope I can get a few more thousand or 20 before if/when the TSHTAF. I could probably have enough for a very long time if I ration, but I don’t want to do that. I literally have enough room to build my dream range (200 or 300yd) on top of the smaller mountain behind my house…and within a year, I want to have a road going up there for access. I want a reason to use every primer I have (when I can finally find them).

Last edited:
A buddy that reloads and I went for a range session an his reloads were very smoky using CFE pistol.
CFE Pistol isn't one of my favorite powders except in 45 ACP, where I've had excellent results with 230 grain JHPs loaded at to max SAAMI or just into +P pressure. I've had decent results with it in 9mm max loads, but nothing that made an impression. My experience with it in revolver calibers is all negative. I don't think it likes a lot of excess case capacity, especially at lower pressures. But that's just my impression.

Primers at Cabelas in Hudson, ma.

Prices are in line. CCI large pistol $90. Federal Small Rifle $90. Federal match $110

About 12 boxes left and limit is 1. But if you are in the area.

Back
Top Bottom