Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Yikes. Stopped by LLBean in Maine on the way home to NH and they had a bunch of SRP and SRPM.

Interestingly enough, the CCI 41 primers were $70 cheaper.

Picked up a couple boxes of shotshells and the guy had to get a supervisor because he wasn't sure if he could sell me them as a NH resident. Had to show him my Mass nonresident license?

20220605_145430.jpg

Yikes. Stopped by LLBean in Maine on the way home to NH and they had a bunch of SRP and SRPM.

Picked up a couple boxes of shotshells and the guy had to get a supervisor because he wasn't sure if he could sell me them as a NH resident. Had to show him my Mass nonresident license?

View attachment 623839
Jesus Christ.

Here’s some SPP

View attachment 623839
sorry, was is a generic cci #450 for $169 or BR2?

Lets see.......
Famous ammo company in Conn that ships ammo to Mass and pretty much told the a.g. to go screw off..........

Has cases of CCI #400 and #41 for "goin in with lube" prices
Yeah they've had those for a little while - nice to see them sit lol. Almost $130 per 1k after tax. Of course the SPP are sold out.
Better off waiting for some to come in stock from the Ram or the Valley. The Ram has been dropping primers often lately. And if someone is near Kittery Trading Post, they still have CCI 400's for $90 per 1k plus tax

Last edited:
Yeah they've had those for a little while - nice to see them sit lol. Almost $130 per 1k after tax. Of course the SPP are sold out.
Better off waiting for some to come in stock from the Ram or the Valley. The Ram has been dropping primers often lately. And if someone is near Kittery Trading Post, they still have CCI 400's for $90 per 1k plus tax

Its clown world out there
Whats worse right now-
Price of primers or the price of lumber to build a bench to use the primers?
I don't dare look up loading die prices or lead times.

I get these skids in at work. Crates that cover the cranes that come with the bodies for transport. The bottoms have 2 8ft 3x3's, rough sawn.
Been collecting those and stripping out the 3x3's. Another 10 or so and I should have enough for a good sized bench and can empty out all the containers I have of misc garage stuff from the move.
I may be shooting mostly .22 this summer.
Trying to find a Kadet conversion for the CZ

Good deal.
Last time I looked there was a 26 week backorder.
I also see 750's in stock
The way I look at it is that there is a natural % of people who will use these machines over time. The pandemic pulled a lot of that demand forward, so now they are going to have to cut production as it reverts to normal.

I see some people selling reloading equipment now they bought during the pandemic and I have a feeling that will continue.

Its clown world out there
Whats worse right now-
Price of primers or the price of lumber to build a bench to use the primers?
I don't dare look up loading die prices or lead times.

I get these skids in at work. Crates that cover the cranes that come with the bodies for transport. The bottoms have 2 8ft 3x3's, rough sawn.
Been collecting those and stripping out the 3x3's. Another 10 or so and I should have enough for a good sized bench and can empty out all the containers I have of misc garage stuff from the move.
I may be shooting mostly .22 this summer.
Trying to find a Kadet conversion for the CZ

Don't suppose I could interest you in an Advantage Arms conversion kit for a G17/G34/G31?

Don't suppose I could interest you in an Advantage Arms conversion kit for a G17/G34/G31?
Huh, I also have one, can give it for free to whoever wants it. Bitch stopped cycling properly on any ammo.
Ruger mark IV I just got compared to it is like a shadow 2 compared to taurus.
No more conversion kits for me.

so, rams figured out upper limit of a reloder16 price - at $49.99 per lb can, with all the fees to bring it to a $145 for a limit of 2 cans to buy - it seems to remain in stock now for a whole day so far.

presumably a $72 per lb reloder 16 powder is not that much attractive to people.

Cutting back on rounds downrange. I tried to cut back last season, doing more so this season.
It’s crazy, seems like primer prices have gone UP over the last few months rather than down. I really need you all to work together and stop buying small pistol primers…. So that I can get them.
I never thought I’d say $80-$90 per 1k shipped would be a fair price but after looking at the Ram’s latest price increase, maybe it is. They’re now ranging from $96-$123 per 1k before shipping tax and hazmat. Wtf.

Just when I thought about buying more for myself and not friends, the price goes up again.

Thought I’d continue the conversation in this thread lol

It’s crazy, I got the shooting bot notice today and just happened to be holding my phone at the time so I jumped on it, but I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger. I’m embarrassed over what I’ve paid for primers over the last 6 months, but this was over and above that. I’m proud of myself for exercising restraint and not buying primers that I can’t afford…
I only hope my wife appreciates the sacrifice I made.

I never thought I’d say $80-$90 per 1k shipped would be a fair price but after looking at the Ram’s latest price increase, maybe it is. They’re now ranging from $96-$123 per 1k before shipping tax and hazmat. Wtf.

Just when I thought about buying more for myself and not friends, the price goes up again.

Thought I’d continue the conversation in this thread lol
Target Sports is now a competitive option at $120 all in

Damn, now the reloading vendor in the valley along with MSS has increased prices on their primers. JFC.
At least with MSS, the limits are 5k instead of 1k. They got CCI 450's in stock are $95 per 1k....Ooof

The CCI 400's at Kittery trading post don't look too horrible now ($90 per 1k plus tax)...

The Ram has a lot of powders in stock including harder to find Alliant powders like Bullseye, Sport Pistol, Power Pistol, and Reloader 16. 8 pounders too

Damn, now the reloading vendor in the valley along with MSS has increased prices on their primers. JFC.
At least with MSS, the limits are 5k instead of 1k. They got CCI 450's in stock are $95 per 1k....Ooof

The CCI 400's at Kittery trading post don't look too horrible now ($90 per 1k plus tax)...
This is the first time I've seen primers In Stock at MSS for a while.

Holy f*ck. Once my current stock of primers runs out I may just stop shooting and start selling guns. $600 for a 5k brick is stupid. I bought a case each of 9mm and .45acp factory ammo several weeks back at the Mills and that didn't hurt too bad. I haven't sat down and done the math but at current prices is it actually cheaper to buy factory fmj 9mm than it is to reload it? Even factoring that brass is free? :/

Holy f*ck. Once my current stock of primers runs out I may just stop shooting and start selling guns. $600 for a 5k brick is stupid. I bought a case each of 9mm and .45acp factory ammo several weeks back at the Mills and that didn't hurt too bad. I haven't sat down and done the math but at current prices is it actually cheaper to buy factory fmj 9mm than it is to reload it? Even factoring that brass is free? :/
Probably breaking even or losing money at this point unless you want a specific load.

Back
Top Bottom