Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

"Nothing gets between me and my Federals"

bunny-15-jpg.178788

Saw my ex-wife walking beside the road as I was driving the other day;
funny how the meaning of "I'd hit that" can change over the years...

Hmmmmm..... I could look into another mega order but I suspect all I would hear is "I'm in if someone else arranges the financials and distribution".
Still $35/1k like last time?….🤡😂

As Andrew the Saint of ammo and primers, I’d love to help but I’m not in dire need of primers 😆

Last edited:
The Ram has those pesky federal gold medal match SPP. $95 per 1k. Looks like they’re starting to charge sales tax now? I don’t recall that before. I’ll have to look at my order history.

I think we have to set a price for "Non A$$ rape pricing" to ensure we only have relevant posts :)
Oct. 2019 base line $.035 per primer delivered
2020 Inflation rate = 1.4%
2021 Inflation rate = 7.0% (btw, eabod Brandon)
2022 Inflation rate = 7.5% (again with the eabod Brandon)

So assuming we follow inflation, even in 2022 a primer would be $.041, add in BLM riots, BBB, Wuflu, 10m new gun owners, political persecution, and a gun grabbing administration, supply chain issue, etc. even doubling that price would be reasonable, round up and add a little for the house, anything north of $.11 would be in AR territory. Check my math. What say you NES?

The Ram has those pesky federal gold medal match SPP. $95 per 1k. Looks like they’re starting to charge sales tax now? I don’t recall that before. I’ll have to look at my order history.
If so, it's likely because knowing MA can't go after them for ammo sales, they could for not charging sales tax. That's why TSUSA started charging it, what, a couple of years ago.

So assuming we follow inflation, even in 2022 a primer would be $.041, add in BLM riots, BBB, Wuflu, 10m new gun owners, political persecution, and a gun grabbing administration, supply chain issue, etc. even doubling that price would be reasonable, round up and add a little for the house, anything north of $.11 would be in AR territory. Check my math. What say you NES?
Yeah inflation is going to f*** up the prices for sure. At some point we’ll have to accept it and can’t wait for 3-5 cent primers 😂
Luckily I can wait it out for a few years

I think brass has already gone up more. I have no idea about the chemicals they need to make the primer compound. Probably we'd come up with a number like $0.05 for what primers ought to cost if the % profit were kept the same. As inflation continues, that number will climb slowly over time. But I don't really see how to convert this into an estimate for what current prices ought to be, with demand still outstripping supply. It's more useful for people who can wait a long time and are asking when is the right time for them to resupply. For people who find themselves needing primers now, the test I know of that works is "Are the primers staying in stock at the asking price?" If the answer is "yes", that price is high. If the answer is "no", then it's not.

I think brass has already gone up more. I have no idea about the chemicals they need to make the primer compound. Probably we'd come up with a number like $0.05 for what primers ought to cost if the % profit were kept the same. As inflation continues, that number will climb slowly over time. But I don't really see how to convert this into an estimate for what current prices ought to be, with demand still outstripping supply. It's more useful for people who can wait a long time and are asking when is the right time for them to resupply. For people who find themselves needing primers now, the test I know of that works is "Are the primers staying in stock at the asking price?" If the answer is "yes", that price is high. If the answer is "no", then it's not.
A general rule for large apartment complexes is that if you have many vacancies your rent it too high, but if you have consistently "none" with a waiting list the rent is set too low.

Targetsports says they have 99+ cases of CCI SPP in stock. There hasn’t been too many SPP drops lately from other vendors it seems.

There’s been some chatter regarding vendors slowly releasing small batches of primers to keep the demand high and therefore the prices high.

I’m starting to believe it. Especially when someone posted photos of pallets of primers at another reloading vendor when he went to their shop to pick up some bullets.

And in the case with TSUSA they just keep the price higher than anyone else and release a large amount.

I dunno. Maybe I’m wrong😂

I dunno. Maybe I’m wrong😂
You might be right. I suppose their motives could be about their S/H workload and not price, or maybe they could be waiting for a shipment of powder to arrive. It's an optimistic theory because if large vendors are squatting on a lot of primer inventory, at some point enough 2nd and 3rd-tier dealers will be stocked well enough to end the aberration.

WTF is up with Larry.......no primers in weeks......and they changed filter options.....bastages.....
There's no doubt in my mind that places like Midway and Brownells are sitting on primers. If SMALL local shops are getting them here and there , big ass places like those two are definitely getting them........... That's my opinion

While it may be beneficial for a small shop to put a few boxes on their shelf, I can see why bigger online stores may require that they have a certain minimum number before they will declare them “in stock”.

WTF is up with Larry.......no primers in weeks......and they changed filter options.....bastages.....
It almost seems like Larry has gone more for the powder than primers. They consistently (for these times) have popular powders in stock. Titegroup 8# and 4895 have been available. The ram hasn't had these in a while. The problem is that you can't combine orders for HazMat...would love to get primers and powder in one shipment

Old Glory has 6K Winchester Small Pistol on the shelf as of yesterday at 3pm. Price is $89/K. Subscribe to their Twitter and they post when they have primers in stock.

Pete's in Hudson has/had 6 or 8 CCI small pistol and at least 1 CCI 400 small rifle--price is $89/K limit 1. Said he was expecting a shipment of powder in today.

I realize that OP secified "non ass rape pricing" but in this market it is what it is. $89 price is no HAZMAT, no shipping, and no tax.

Old Glory has 6K Winchester Small Pistol on the shelf as of yesterday at 3pm. Price is $89/K. Subscribe to their Twitter and they post when they have primers in stock.

Pete's in Hudson has/had 6 or 8 CCI small pistol and at least 1 CCI 400 small rifle--price is $89/K limit 1. Said he was expecting a shipment of powder in today.

I realize that OP secified "non ass rape pricing" but in this market it is what it is. $89 price is no HAZMAT, no shipping, and no tax.
Thanks for sharing the info! I'm sure someone will head up there to grab some

Assuming a $34/k price in 2020 that results in about $40/k at those inflation numbers - I'd be happy with $50/k right now but I don't think we will see less than $90/k anytime soon

There's no doubt in my mind that places like Midway and Brownells are sitting on primers. If SMALL local shops are getting them here and there , big ass places like those two are definitely getting them........... That's my opinion
I don’t know, but other possible factors are:

1. Large online vendors might get larger orders less frequently.
2. Mom&pop shops are seeing long-standing backorders filled.
3. Large online vendors have enough buyers that whenever they put any in stock on the web site, virtually EVERYONE knows it, so they will always sell out as long as they don’t put the price too high.

I don’t know, but other possible factors are:

1. Large online vendors might get larger orders less frequently.
2. Mom&pop shops are seeing long-standing backorders filled.
3. Large online vendors have enough buyers that whenever they put any in stock on the web site, virtually EVERYONE knows it, so they will always sell out as long as they don’t put the price too high.
The prices are TOO HIGH , and they know people will pay.

Back
Top Bottom