• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

There is a vendor offering 20K primer packages at 12.5cents per primer for small or large rifle CCI benchrest primers. Expensive, and very large package for an individual purchase, but, if anyone needs these desperately, PM me about a group buy.
Hi, I’ve had a couple of people contact me about a group buy of CCI BR4 bench rest primers. Would still have 3,000 left. If anyone wants to join in, PM me today. Will decide to go ahead or blow this off today. Thanks!

It’s beyond ridiculous at this point. Finally shootings again with my son, have my reloading bench all set up and can’t get my hands on SPP’s anywhere.

If anyone in central MA has any stock they want to part with or leads/tips on grabbing some I would greatly appreciate it. I work long hours, have two young teens and coach multiple sports teams. I just don’t have time to be sitting in front of a monitor refreshing screens, and “in stock alert” signups have gotten me nowhere.

Just looking for 1k at a minimum to start reloading some 9mm with my kid over the holiday break.
I don't have any extras now, but if I run across any I'll grab some and offer to you first. I see someone already PM'd. This thread / the forum has been a great resource for such situations.

I'm still pretty busy with work, but when the kids were younger I was doing the same thing- coaching youth through middle school football and helped with a couple little league baseball teams too. Also supporting Scouts. Barely had time to reload and pretty much only loaded .38 wadcutters.

Just sent you a PM.
NOW you’re getting it, lol!

BUY, BUY, BUY!

Consume!

If nothing else, I feel that buying sooner than later (and paying cash when possible) will at least allow you to stay off the radar a little longer when they start that ESG commie shit here and it’s tied to our credit.

If they start looking at that shit retroactively though, we’re all f***ed.

I don't have any extras now, but if I run across any I'll grab some and offer to you first. I see someone already PM'd. This thread / the forum has been a great resource for such situations.

I'm still pretty busy with work, but when the kids were younger I was doing the same thing- coaching youth through middle school football and helped with a couple little league baseball teams too. Also supporting Scouts. Barely had time to reload and pretty much only loaded .38 wadcutters.
Thanks, and I will definitely make good on picking up any extras that you grab for me.

I’m in the same boat. LL baseball and softball, town basketball and a ton of martial arts. Did Cub and Girl Scouts too lol

It’s beyond ridiculous at this point. Finally shootings again with my son, have my reloading bench all set up and can’t get my hands on SPP’s anywhere.

If anyone in central MA has any stock they want to part with or leads/tips on grabbing some I would greatly appreciate it. I work long hours, have two young teens and coach multiple sports teams. I just don’t have time to be sitting in front of a monitor refreshing screens, and “in stock alert” signups have gotten me nowhere.

Just looking for 1k at a minimum to start reloading some 9mm with my kid over the holiday break.
PM sent

There is a vendor offering 20K primer packages at 12.5cents per primer for small or large rifle CCI benchrest primers. Expensive, and very large package for an individual purchase, but, if anyone needs these desperately, PM me about a group buy.
How many primers per package?

If you're talking 20K primers and "very large" I submit an oxymoron alert.

From a much earlier post, but this is what is considered a very large package of primers:

1619029099897-png.474789

How many primers per package?

If you're talking 20K primers and "very large" I submit an oxymoron alert.

From a much earlier post, but this is what is considered a very large package of primers:

1619029099897-png.474789
Rob,

I accept your premise (grin). The "large" descriptor was intended with regard to a single individual purchasing primers. Given legal storage limits and the limits established by most retail vendors, I submit that an individual purchasing 20,000 primers at a time might be considered to have made a large purchase. If your message above was, instead, a suggestion that NES goes in on a group purchase of 1M primers, you can count me in as the FIRST in line to chip in!! :p (Especially if we can get these at pre-rape prices).[bow]

No, I meant that by many people's standards on NES 20K is not a large purchase.

No mega order in progress; will advise NES if the window opens up again and we still have supply line issues.

CCI #450 and #41 are available again at $99 - google as 'CCI 450 MAG SMALL RIFLE PRIMER 100 CT' and it comes up as first link.
$40 shipping.

No mega order in progress; will advise NES if the window opens up again and we still have supply line issues.
Pricing so far seems to remain insane- year ago S&B 6.5CM was still available at $16 per 20rd pack. Now it sits solid at $2 per round.

Powder $40-$45 per lb, large rifle mag primers $100-$130 per 1k, bullets at $48 per 100. Buying all that in bulk is not very realistic.

And I just saw it in the search - some bs ‘outdoor limited’ joint started pushing cci #450 at $120. A damn 2 weeks ago any online shop had them at $70-$73. Really, wtf… :(

Last edited:

I think by the standards of this thread, it's safe to assume 20K / $1500+ is a large purchase that would be more likely to split than go to a single buyer. There have been no pallet size bulk buy discussions in recent months, at least that I recall. However, good to remind folks that there have been such 'very large' bulk purchases in the region and likewise would be good to check in again with this thread next time that is in the works.

[thumbsup]

CCI #450 and #41 are available again at $99 - google as 'CCI 450 MAG SMALL RIFLE PRIMER 100 CT' and it comes up as first link.
$40 shipping.
Is that site legit? No phone number or anything listed.
Not like I’m buying from them but just curious

Is that site legit? No phone number or anything listed.
Not like I’m buying from them but just curious
I bought there last week, saw a notice of tracking number made but it had no post office pick up yet. Correction- just checked, ups shows it is moving.

I bought there last week, saw a notice of tracking number made but it had no post office pick up yet. Correction- just checked, ups shows it is moving.
If you ordered primers from a legit sell you would not be picking the up at the post office.

If you ordered primers from a legit sell you would not be picking the up at the post office.
It is shipped with ups. No post office.

A lot of sites send notifications of tracking 2-3 days before item is actually picked up - that was what I meant.

it is fecking insane - brown rams just sold out on small rifle benchrest primers at the $139.99 per box. #400 is still there at $82 (as i was writing this - sold out too) , but, a $140 per box of BR - damn.
last order i found in history was at 10/28th and the price was $124.99 for large rifle ones that was also a boost from, i think, $112 or so couple of weeks prior, i recall feeling rather stupid ordering 2 boxes at that price back then. really, wtf?

Does seem like $80 has been a relative floor for 400s. I'm not prepared to spend that much yet. I still sitting above five figures on hand. When I get below 10k I'll probably cave.

Does seem like $80 has been a relative floor for 400s. I'm not prepared to spend that much yet. I still sitting above five figures on hand. When I get below 10k I'll probably cave.
they are absolute garbage imho - i had a half box of them and they did not hold pressure from 69gr bullets well at all above 2650fps or so. #450 were flawless so far, so i only use those.

i do not shoot 55gr, so, did not test how good #400 would be there, may be it would be adequate.

they are absolute garbage imho - i had a half box of them and they did not hold pressure from 69gr bullets well at all above 2650fps or so. #450 were flawless so far, so i only use those.

i do not shoot 55gr, so, did not test how good #400 would be there, may be it would be adequate.

I'm using 400s exclusively for 223 and 9mm. Including precision rounds. At my last rifle class (Ridgeline) my SD for my 77gr SMKs loaded single on a Lee Turret was 12fps. Varget powder and Star brass from an 18" BCM 1:8 NM SS upper.

I've never had an issue with 400s in rifle or pistol. YMMV.

I'm using 400s exclusively for 223 and 9mm. Including precision rounds. At my last rifle class (Ridgeline) my SD for my 77gr SMKs loaded single on a Lee Turret was 12fps. Varget powder and Star brass from an 18" BCM 1:8 NM SS upper.

I've never had an issue with 400s in rifle or pistol. YMMV.
i had them smashed totally flat and saw some gas leak signs under some - using creedmoor sports brass from CMP rounds i had. never had that with #450.

that being said - if the #450 will also go to $140 and #400 SRP will remain at $83 - then the #400 it will be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom