Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

It really sucks, but I actually think this is the ‘new normal’ for primer prices unless you’re lucky enough to score some at cabelas. They’re literally the only retailer offering primers at a price that’s palateable.

At this point $70 is a steal ..... A year ago you couldn't find them anywhere besides on GunBroker , and I you wanted them it would cost you about $300.
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I’m buying whenever convenient for me and it’s something I think I’ll need or will be able to trade easily.

I haven’t bought a gun in months, and am instead purchasing reloading components and extra food stores.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I’m buying whenever convenient for me and it’s something I think I’ll need or will be able to trade easily.

I haven’t bought a gun in months, and am instead purchasing reloading components and extra food stores.
Same here , I didn't buy any new guns this year. Been only buying reloading supplies , and occasionally buying bricks of .22 when I see the ones I like available.

was up at ktp yesterday and surprisingly they had about 1500 cci srp's . $11/100 so this seems to be the price when available. No need for me to buy, I did my stockpiling during the Trump era buyers atmosphere. IMG_20210930_092018313.jpg

was up at ktp yesterday and surprisingly they had about 1500 cci srp's . $11/100 so this seems to be the price when available. No need for me to buy, I did my stockpiling during the Trump era buyers atmosphere. View attachment 528291
Pricy but these were pricy even before Rona since they're "benchrest" primers...

Funny how most thought the $70/k Weston Shooters was charging for RUAGs was too pricey to bother. I think they are out of the excess inventory they wished to offload.

Funny how most thought the $70/k Weston Shooters was charging for RUAGs was too pricey to bother. I think they are out of the excess inventory they wished to offload.
Such is the way of the world.
Do we have any feedback on how they worked? Are they hard, soft, etc. I wouldn’t mind a range report from someone who has loaded and shot some.

Someone here posted that they loaded nicely and worked. I've had similar reports from Weston Shooters, Texas and Germany. They are not as easy to get into the primer flip tray though.

Such is the way of the world.
Do we have any feedback on how they worked? Are they hard, soft, etc. I wouldn’t mind a range report from someone who has loaded and shot some.
Someone here posted that they loaded nicely and worked. I've had similar reports from Weston Shooters, Texas and Germany. They are not as easy to get into the primer flip tray though.

I believe that was @Broccoli Iglesias. If I recall correctly, he said that he'd loaded 100 to test, then posted subsequently that they ran fine. Open for correction if appropriate.

I believe that was @Broccoli Iglesias. If I recall correctly, he said that he'd loaded 100 to test, then posted subsequently that they ran fine. Open for correction if appropriate.
Yes. I posted that. Not only they worked fine, they all went off using a competition gun with lighter springs.

for context:

That same gun will ignite 7 out of 8 factory primers and 100% Federal primers.

I did notice they generated a spark (using a revolver). But I dont care about that.

$70K in this market is acceptable.

That is what it costs online + shipping + Hazmat ... usually with a limit of 1K or 2K and if you can find them. Ordering online they come in at $100 or over $100.

We also need to keep in mind how much they paid, that they had the balls to order the primers and they made the transaction very simple.

It is double what primers cost in 2019, but, even paying that, I am still reloading ammo cheaper than 2019 prices.

I also dont have hopes of seeing primers in stock for more than 15minutes any time soon.

But when they wanted to charge $250 or whatever the cost was, LOL. That was a pretty bad miscalculation on their end.

I wouldn't have a problem with $70/k.

My issue was that they were initially charging $250/k. Now that is too pricey to bother.

And I believe that might be why they had "excess inventory."

Back
Top Bottom