• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

i`ve committed a cardinal sin today. wasted 15 minutes to click on the valley site, won 4lb of varget, placed an order, then decided i have enough of it and sent an email to cancel it. and it got cancelled.
now i am afraid i have offended varget gods for an eternity.
:)

but it just got me mad to see a $215 total for an order of 4lbs. last 8lb jug was at $287 plus shipping, and now those 1lb cans at $45 each, grr.
There is no such thing as "enough"

U insane? 🤣

Loading.308 varget is going crazy fast. I still have 18lbs of it, but, yeah, may get one more 8lb jug when it appears. They had r16 yesterday.
valley had Varget on Tuesday. Then Bass Pro had it online late last night but it sold fast - this option is more of a PITA since you'd have to ship to a store in NH or ME. But no hazmat or shipping costs just sales tax. $363 plus tax for 8 pounder. No tax if shipping to BP in Hooksett

What's good to see is that the valley removed the timer checkout thing so no more cart roulette. Maybe a good sign?
Also I think they removed limits on powder but still have limits on primers

valley had Varget on Tuesday. Then Bass Pro had it online late last night but it sold fast - this option is more of a PITA since you'd have to ship to a store in NH or ME. But no hazmat or shipping costs just sales tax. $363 plus tax for 8 pounder
They had 1lb cans at $45. The 8lbs is still priced at $316 I think. It is some difference.

Another NES member PM'd me this article. Looks like Vihtavuori/Nammo is building a primer manufacturing facility in Finland.

Vihtavuori, Finland – The Nammo Group has announced its plan to build a new primer factory in Vihtavuori in Finland. The factory, an investment of EUR 33 million, is planned to be running in 2025, reaching its full capacity in 2027. The factory will employ ca 50 persons and it will have a large positive economic impact on the local area. The decision to establish the factory is based on the security of supply of the Nordic Defence Forces as well as the current commercial need for ammunition components.

The international Nammo Group is a Nordic defense company whose main markets are North America
, the Nordic countries, and Europe. The Group operates in 12 countries with 28 different production facilities and employs approximately 2,700 people.

The US manufacturers didn't want to expand production so now other countries are. Gotta give em credit right? Unlike the Vista/CCI guy [laugh] @Mountain

I'm sure these primers will cost a fortune if it's anything like Viht powder or Lapua brass/ammo [laugh]

Last edited:
speaking of the devil - while i was messing with 3d printer, at 11:30am midway had varget in 8lbs jar, and at a good price. pity. missed.

Another NES member PM'd me this article. Looks like Vihtavuori/Nammo is building a primer manufacturing facility in Finland.

Vihtavuori, Finland – The Nammo Group has announced its plan to build a new primer factory in Vihtavuori in Finland. The factory, an investment of EUR 33 million, is planned to be running in 2025, reaching its full capacity in 2027. The factory will employ ca 50 persons and it will have a large positive economic impact on the local area. The decision to establish the factory is based on the security of supply of the Nordic Defence Forces as well as the current commercial need for ammunition components.

The international Nammo Group is a Nordic defense company whose main markets are North America
, the Nordic countries, and Europe. The Group operates in 12 countries with 28 different production facilities and employs approximately 2,700 people.

The US manufacturers didn't want to expand production so now other countries are. Gotta give em credit right? Unlike the Vista/CCI guy [laugh] @Mountain

I'm sure these primers will cost a fortune if it's anything like Viht powder or Lapua brass/ammo [laugh]
F Vista, and F Steve Hornady with Negan's bat Lucille!
images
[rofl] . Seriously, F them!

And for the record, Lapua brass is the cheapest brass I have found- accounting for the number of reloads possible. [smile]

Primer pricing is already ridiculous, so may as well support a company that is actually investing in capacity. If anything like the rest of their stuff, the primers should be top shelf.

I just loaded one tray of those Aguila small pistol primers. They looked good and seated fine. I loaded them in .38 spl standard pressure loads. I'll shoot them on Thursday
Awesome to hear they seated fine. I suspect they’ll go bang no problem. Only possible concern would be if they’re hard and you have a gun with lightened springs etc.

Thanks Gerry

Back
Top Bottom