• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I see ammo prices dropping. If that continues, the savings for reloading diminishes. Reloading components should start dropping, eventually.

At least I hope so.

The people paying $100+ a box will eventually stop buying them. Their wife will stop that nonsense.

I think you're wrong; I hope you're right.
Time will tell.

Which reminds me:
"Time is a great healer; lousy beautician, but a great healer"

I think you're wrong; I hope you're right.
Time will tell.

Which reminds me:
"Time is a great healer; lousy beautician, but a great healer"
I good be wrong, I have no idea. I'm just being optimistic.

But, at some point it may be better to buy steel 9mm, than to reload with 10 cent or more primers and related components.

Disclaimer, I am not a professional. I just want to do drills and relive my misguided youth.

But, at some point it may be better to buy steel 9mm, than to reload with 10 cent or more primers and related components.

Disclaimer, I am not a professional. I just want to do drills and relive my misguided youth.
PSA had a coming out post yesterday that they have purchased AAC and will be producing ammo starting in 2023.

Currently they won’t touch MA but it might be worth the effort to organize a mass email push to get them to reconsider their stance. Even if it’s not ammo or serialized parts there’s zero reason they don’t ship anything else.

Agree, but not yet. Even at 12 cents for a primer and $40/lb of powder, it would be about 22 cents/round for 9mm with FMJ or coated bullets. I'm NOT paying those costs even for new stock of components right now, so I'm averaging 18 cents per round to reload brass.

Agree, but not yet. Even at 12 cents for a primer and $40/lb of powder, it would be about 22 cents/round for 9mm with FMJ or coated bullets. I'm NOT paying those costs even for new stock of components right now, so I'm averaging 18 cents per round to reload brass.
For those of us who'd be reloading anyway, almost any savings justifies the effort. Hard to say with people who are reloading but don't want to be. I have a set target price for 9x19 that is well above my reloading cost, but we're not down to that yet, either.

This

I've seen brass cased Norma as low as $320/k in the last month.......all gone but......I was tempted to snag some.......

PSA had a coming out post yesterday that they have purchased AAC and will be producing ammo starting in 2023.

Currently they won’t touch MA but it might be worth the effort to organize a mass email push to get them to reconsider their stance. Even if it’s not ammo or serialized parts there’s zero reason they don’t ship anything else.
They won't even ship a fvcking hat to mASS.

Seems like that's a legit concern for 9mm. For me, reloading 9mm makes as much sense as trying to reload 22LR. Ha ha- kidding, but not by much. ;)

f*** PSA. I was down in SC with some friends trying to legally purchase a shotgun for use in SC and they wouldn't sell it to us because we were from MA. Store manager knew it was legal and said so but refused to sell because he would lose his job. I understand (but don't agree) why they won't ship into MA but they won't even sell to you in person. They'll get no money from me.

If anyone sees any 215 large rifle magnum please give a shout
Dude! Where were you a couple weeks ago[laugh]
See post 1865. I had the chance to buy 5100 Federal 215's at like 5 cents each from that same seller. I passed as I didn't know anyone who wanted them. Another NESer ended up buying them. Sounds like I should have just bought em.
Though you're in NH.

Anyway, I'll keep me eyes out for more

Dude! Where were you a couple weeks ago[laugh]
See post 1865. I had the chance to buy 6100 Federal 215's at like 5 cents each from that same seller. I passed as I didn't know anyone who wanted them. Another NESer ended up buying them. Sounds like I should have just bought em.
Though you're in NH.

Anyway, I'll keep me eyes out for more

[crying]

Thanks for keeping your eyes out for 215's

If anyone sees any 215 large rifle magnum please give a shout
I have 5000 if you’re still in need my next trip back to my moms in the spring. I’ll do an even trade for CCI LRP’s, 34’s or 41’s.

I was just planning to use them for my 1919a4 crankfire whenever I get around to finishing the build, but can probably use whatever.

Got another 5k Federal SPP coming - limit was 5k. I don’t know how I managed it. The website was slow as shit. This vendor hasn’t dropped primers in a bit. I actually think it was January of last year when I got SPP from them.
I doubt I’ll be keeping these primers as I HATE Federals packaging. Probably sell or trade em

Got another 5k Federal SPP coming - limit was 5k. I don’t know how I managed it. The website was slow as shit. This vendor hasn’t dropped primers in a bit. I actually think it was January of last year when I got SPP from them.
I doubt I’ll be keeping these primers as I HATE Federals packaging. Probably sell or trade em
Sold out now?

Back
Top Bottom