• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Well THAT ought to drive prices down a little!!!

What the hell do you need 281 acres for though?!?!

I thought primers were made by Chinese slave children? I wouldn’t have bought so many if I knew they were made by consenting adults and machinery.

281 acres

In case of a Kaboom !

I was actually thinking that…perhaps there’s some obscure .gov regulation surrounding the manufacture of ammunition that they have to have so much of a buffer between their facilities and any neighbors?
There is such a regulation regarding the storage of explosives, though I am not sure of the required distance or if it varies by type/quantity.

Ammo's been hanging around a lot longer I've noticed.

Also some more obscure ammo is showing up. Just this week I saw Aguila and Prvi Partizan 30 Carbine ammo in stock. It didn't last long but it was available at a somewhat reasonable price for the first time in a long, long time. I've also seen 357 ammo dropping pretty significantly in price in the last months. (158 gr. SP from $0.87 in March down to $0.60 now)

Hopefully the trend continues for primers and ammo.

Last edited:
I would imagine the raw materials are separately stored.
I know this applies to the storage of pyrotechnics, aka fireworks, components. Be back with and ETA, hopefully.
Not OSHA but the premise is there.

View: https://youtu.be/VdEGvnRellQ?t=120

Those types of bunkers are everywhere in the Assabet National Wildlife refuge, which was the old Sudbury Annex to Fort Devens which stored ammunition. They open them for tours occassionally.

These videos put out by the US Chemical Safety Board are amazing and I remember watching this years ago on the hazards of blackpowder/fireworks. I'll warn you in advance that they produce excellent videos on many topics and you can spend a lot of time watching them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rktMzw2fd28&t=55s

Those types of bunkers are everywhere in the Assabet National Wildlife refuge, which was the old Sudbury Annex to Fort Devens which stored ammunition. They open them for tours occassionally.

These videos put out by the US Chemical Safety Board are amazing and I remember watching this years ago on the hazards of blackpowder/fireworks. I'll warn you in advance that they produce excellent videos on many topics and you can spend a lot of time watching them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rktMzw2fd28&t=55s

Those old bunkers in Assabet are super creepy.

My primers should be here Saturday. I ordered them on the 8th, the vendor sent them to UPS on the 10th and UPS said they'd be delivered on the 12th. Then UPS took down that email and said they didn't have a delivery date. I called the vendor today and he confirmed that they were picked up by UPS. I called UPS and they said they didn't have them yet. I called the vendor again and he said he'd just send another 5000 primers. Then as if by magic, I got another email from UPS with a delivery date of this Saturday. It must be a miracle.

Cabela's still has powder and primers. I think it's been sitting for about a week.
As of tonight, Cabelas had:

Winchester SRP - $100 (3 boxes)
CCI BR4 - $150 (7 boxes)
and a box of Federal Match Large Pistol Magnum for $110 or $120

And a bunch of powders but nothing I use :(

Last edited:
MSS keeps advertising that they are giving free shipping on items over $99, but I can't get it to work with any combination of items (equipment, projectiles, powder) even meeting their requirements. When I enter the promo code it keeps telling me it is not valid.

Anyone try and have luck?

EDIT: All of a sudden it now works.

EDIT#2: Just got an email from them saying it was broken...I feel vindicated :)

Last edited:
they just sent an email indicating that the code was 'broken'. Try again
Thanks. I edited my above post. I just kept trying earlier today and it worked. Then I received the email.

MSS has good powder prices so i snagged some 8#. With a $20 hazmat but free shipping (and another fee I don’t have to pay) it worked out well. Too bad they had no non 209 primers

Thanks. I edited my above post. I just kept trying earlier today and it worked. Then I received the email.

MSS has good powder prices so i snagged some 8#. With a $20 hazmat but free shipping (and another fee I don’t have to pay) it worked out well. Too bad they had no non 209 primers
MSS had CCI SPP about 10 min ago. Sold out already.
AR had 500 cases of CCI SPP earlier. All sold out.
Kinda surprised. The SPP from targetsports hasn’t sold out yet.

Not naming names but Maybe we should check the distance between our more avid primer forum member and his neighbors. Just sayin’….[rofl]

I know for a FACT that he’s never been in possession of 10,001 ignition caps at any given time. THAT would be illegal and strictly verboten.

Plus, he lives in Glostah, guy! He can probably smell the Cod his naybah’s cookin fa suppah!

The saga continues. UPS was supposed to deliver by primers on the 12th. They did not. A few days later they changed the date to the 19th. No primers. This morning they changed the date again to today. We'll see. I tried contacting them but talking to a real person wasn't possible and my questions were ignored.

The saga continues. UPS was supposed to deliver by primers on the 12th. They did not. A few days later they changed the date to the 19th. No primers. This morning they changed the date again to today. We'll see. I tried contacting them but talking to a real person wasn't possible and my questions were ignored.

If you continue to have problems, go to the nearest hub and knock on some doors until you get an answer. There’s a lot of money in that little box.

it truly sucks, but, what does tracking show? does it show any location in the local MA hub? if not - it is bad. if it does - it is probably just a sucky driver. i was up to 3 days late with UPS, with package to show up as 'out for delivery'.

Back
Top Bottom