Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Shooters in Hooksett has Winchester SPP for $79.99 or 5000 for $374.99

Quite a bit of others in stock, ave price $100 per thousand. i grabbed the SPP and some CCI SRP 400

White River Energetics is a primer manufacturer in Arkansas. They make large and small rifle and pistol primers. They say to contact them directly for a bulk order. I don't know what constitutes a bulk order but if a few people got together, it would likely be enough.
I remember during the shortage hearing about this place being set up , or I think this is the place. I know I would definitely go in on a group buy if someone was setting one up ............

Shooters in Hooksett has Winchester SPP for $79.99 or 5000 for $374.99

Quite a bit of others in stock, ave price $100 per thousand. i grabbed the SPP and some CCI SRP 400
My 5k WSP just showed up today and they came out to $74 per 1k with hazmat and tax so that’s not a bad price but this is till the most I’ve ever paid for primers and I don’t think it will go back to “normal” pricing in the future unfortunately.
Maybe Winchester had a deal for distributors hence my they were about $15-$20 lower than other brands.

I may try some Servicios Aventuras primers at $55 per thousand.
Didn’t @walter62 say he had trouble with those?
I’d pay the extra half cent per primer and go Fiocchi
Edit: Looks like AR is sold out of the Fiocchi’s at the moment. Though I’m sure they’ll have more this week. They seem to restock often

Last edited:
Realistically speaking do you reloaders believe the current higher prices for components will stick for the foreseeable future?

Realistically speaking do you reloaders believe the current higher prices for components will stick for the foreseeable future?
Powder has gone even higher than the pandemic days.

Primers have come down in price from the tripling during the pandemic but we’re still seeing 7-8 cent primers from the main US producers with some sales.

Time will tell but you can find 5-6 cent SRP and SPP opportunistically at the moment. LPP and LRP are still high at 8-11 cents.

Fiocchi should open their primer plant in 2025 and that may help things, but who knows. White River has now begun operations and is pushing out SPP at 5-6 cents.

I think 5-6 cents where they will settle, which is 40-60% higher than pre pandemic.

@38ExtraSpecial tells me to worry more about casting bullets because the projectile is the most expensive part.

Primers have come down in price from the tripling during the pandemic but we’re still seeing 7-8 cent primers from the main US producers with some sales.

Time will tell but you can find 5-6 cent SRP and SPP opportunistically at the moment. LPP and LRP are still high at 8-11 cents.

Fiocchi should open their primer plant in 2025 and that may help things, but who knows. White River has now begun operations and is pushing out SPP at 5-6 cents.

I think 5-6 cents where they will settle, which is 40-60% higher than pre pandemic.

@38ExtraSpecial tells me to worry more about casting bullets because the projectile is the most expensive part.
Thanks for the cogent answer 👍🏻

This.
If you’re not casting you should be. Even if it’s only for a few cartridges it can pay for itself in no time.
If I only cast for 45-70 it would have paid itself off in a year with the way I shoot it. Under 25 cents a round even at today’s insanely inflated prices of $45 a pound for unique and $125 for LRP.

I shoot a lot of 45-70. Compared to what? $2 a pop from online sources.

Back
Top Bottom