Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the reason I’m so excited about this is because I’ve got so many 7.5x55 GP11 cases laying around, and the brass is top notch A #1 stuff. Even if I only do a single reload for each case, that’s still twice the life I would have gotten out of it otherwise.

I’m kind of ‘frugal’, to say the least.
If you want anymore GP11 brass let me know. I've got probably 300 cases in a bag. I have no use for them but I just can't scrap them. I'll ship them to you if you send me money to cover the cost of a USPS flat rate medium or large box (whichever will hold the brass).

?? Timing is everything. I spent the day at the range, missed the morning primer drop, but managed to get the afternoon powder drop.

TBH, there is a ton of stuff dropping so shipments are flowing, they just don’t last long bc people are afraid and trying to stock up for four years.
IMO many reloading people are just trying to get by..... most of the guys I know hunting for primers would be happy just to get a box of 1,000 or a couple of thousand primers..... Getting an entire sleeve would be like christmas time for these guys.... Most reloaders are not going to continue to pay elevated prices for crap.... The problem with reloading supplies is that the channel is not that deep so it gets sucked up pretty rapidly to begin with. Even during normal times there's not a huge surplus of product floating around.... and random droughts of this or that component.

IMO many reloading people are just trying to get by..... most of the guys I know hunting for primers would be happy just to get a box of 1,000 or a couple of thousand primers..... Getting an entire sleeve would be like christmas time for these guys.... Most reloaders are not going to continue to pay elevated prices for crap.... The problem with reloading supplies is that the channel is not that deep so it gets sucked up pretty rapidly to begin with. Even during normal times there's not a huge surplus of product floating around.... and random droughts of this or that component.

There are plenty of enthusiasts, USPSA, & PRS type guys out there reloading who aren’t on food stamps.

There are plenty of enthusiasts, USPSA, & PRS type guys out there reloading who aren’t on food stamps.

Yeah, but they're not the ones pining at retail to get primers, at least not at this point. Most of those guys probably gobbled up all they could in 2020, especially early on, in addition to the stuff they already got.

Yeah, but they're not the ones pining at retail to get primers, at least not at this point. Most of those guys probably gobbled up all they could in 2020, especially early on, in addition to the stuff they already got.

Not sure where you are getting all of these assumptions. Some people just have budget changes, previous expenses, get a new job, deal with virus economy, etc.

There are literally tons of reasons someone with a good income and desire to spend would be buying in today’s market.

Not sure where you are getting all of these assumptions. Some people just have budget changes, previous expenses, get a new job, deal with virus economy, etc.

There are literally tons of reasons someone with a good income and desire to spend would be buying in today’s market.
My assumptions are based on people that reload massive amounts of ammo they don't flint when the stuff is cheap. Anybody buying large amounts of primers right now that's getting them at a reasonable price is likely to use some high-level wallhack like what Boudrie talked about earlier. A lot of people are just basically biding their time or opportunity to find more stuff It's f****** stupid to overpay. And most of them don't have the problem of having an exigent need for primers.

Word I get from Europe is that primers are starting to creep up in price there as supply gets diverted (often by individual dealers) to the US.

As to the order I helped set up - delayed, but a previous order from the same overseas vendor just arrived. That may or may no be a good sign.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear warfare.
Or, as Dom Toretto says “it doesn’t matter
If you win by an inch or a mile, winning’s winning”
You lost by a bit less than me?

Mine also said -8, so not sure how accurate it will be

It's the opposite for me. I've been able to find LRP online and in stores. I can't find SPP or SRP.

I got 1k of those #34 LRP recently and have an order of CCI 200s coming this week. I'm in western Rockingham County NH if you want to do a trade lol.
I can do a trade of 500 for 500.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom