Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Uncle Larry drops some more primers I'm ready. Already have an item in my cart, I heard it will secure your order.

If Uncle Larry drops some more primers I'm ready. Already have an item in my cart, I heard it will secure your order.

Maybe it comes with a “golden ticket” like willy wonka and you get all the primers you could ever dream of!

Anyone else think the classifieds should get a new section for ammo listings?

How did you do that? The 'add to cart' button is disabled when I view a product that's out of stock.

People who only buy them to make a c-note from a fellow reloader is the problem. If you need the money to feed your family,.. that’s one thing. Greed is another. “We are all in this together,..” Our children are watching,.. lol.
Don’t forget those empty platitudes...the arc of history bends toward sharing primers and..if you like your primers, you can keep your primers!

In the middle of all this panic nonsense, I just scored 900ct .216” Berdan primers to reload my 7.5x55 brass with.

...For $30

I’ll hate myself after my boner goes away, I promise.

...maybe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 2
I wouldn’t know the first thing to do with berdan primers.

Oddly enough, I think I know this. Berdan primers require berdan brass in that the anvil for the primer is actually in the primer pocket. The more common boxer primer contains the anvil within the primer itself.
No?
Russian brass, basically. Special tools I assume as well.

Oddly
No?
Russian brass, basically. Special tools I assume as well.
Yes!

well...mostly. Basically European and Asian brass is Berdan primed. Very rare to see the primers here, which is odd because I think there would be a market for them. Especially in times like these.

While not much of a specialty tool, a .30cal punch, a socket and some water are all you need to deprime. Reprime as normal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 1
Water hammer! Water doesn’t compress, I didn’t want to jump there, but that’s a pretty awesome way to de-prime brass.
So, are you adding water to the brass and then introducing a “plunger” so as to force the primer out? Or something else?
Correct.

I’ll wait until it’s nice outside to do the bulk of them. Just set up a tub with my anvil in it...scoop, punch, dump, repeat.

Stick to my capitalist boxes.
You seem pretty certain ‘this’ is capitalism?

To be fair, the reason I’m so excited about this is because I’ve got so many 7.5x55 GP11 cases laying around, and the brass is top notch A #1 stuff. Even if I only do a single reload for each case, that’s still twice the life I would have gotten out of it otherwise.

I’m kind of ‘frugal’, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom