Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding a single stage is next to impossible now too. The same Lee breech lock press for $43 backorder on Midway is $120 on the used market.

I'm placing a backorder and just waiting it out. I know Larry will come through.

There's a guy up here trying to sell CCI minimags for 25 cents a round and SPP for 20 cents a primer.
This a good deal? In stock:

Reactions: jek
This a good deal? In stock:

- IMHO, If you need one NOW then that really seems to be about the best deal as at most other online places = those are OOS.
(They are going for about +$100 more on ebay).

- OOS but availble for Back Order, there are: Brownells at $226.99 & Midway at $231.99.
Natchez is $219.99 (sale price) but does not appear to be able to be back-ordered(?).
Amazon has them from 2nd hand vendors for $329 & $339.
And remember to add in shipping costs.

Lee has been out of stock everywhere, on the web, in store, on their site, for many months now.
i called lee a while back, covid conditions have slowed production down , she told me they are at very limitted capacity and only shipping to vendors. I did manage to get what I needed over the phone.

If anyone needs to borrow a single stage, I still have the first press I ever owned a few years ago to figure out if I wanted to reload or not.

It is one of these

Amazon product ASIN B000NOQIFOView: https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISION-90685-Reloading-Press/dp/B000NOQIFO/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=lee+press+reloading&qid=1610982515&sprefix=lee+press&sr=8-18

It is slow. And you have to be careful to not spill the powder, but I reloaded some accurate BPCR loads with it.

I will let one of you guys borrow it until you can get a backorder press shipped to you.

I am in the Dedham area, and can meet as far as Granby Gun club, Reading Gun Club, Nashua area. When I am around those places.

PM me if interested.

Edit: just thought about it ... I can probably also ship it in a flat rate box.

Yup. When I emailed you a few moths ago , they were In the same scenario. I found what I needed locally on of all places Etsy.com
Right now where every you can find your stuff its good.
Me and a friend scored some decent scopes on Overstock.com they where of the cheaper variety for cheap 22s but at $60 ea vs $169 they where a good buy.

If anyone needs to borrow a single stage, I still have the first press I ever owned a few years ago to figure out if I wanted to reload or not.

It is one of these

Amazon product ASIN B000NOQIFOView: https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISION-90685-Reloading-Press/dp/B000NOQIFO/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=lee+press+reloading&qid=1610982515&sprefix=lee+press&sr=8-18

It is slow. And you have to be careful to not spill the powder, but I reloaded some accurate BPCR loads with it.

I will let one of you guys borrow it until you can get a backorder press shipped to you.

I am in the Dedham area, and can meet as far as Granby Gun club, Reading Gun Club, Nashua area. When I am around those places.

PM me if interested.

Edit: just thought about it ... I can probably also ship it in a flat rate box.
That press will turn most people off. I learned on a lee reloader as a kid. Or the WhackOround press.
I asked my dad for years where they ended up.
oh in one of the boxes , when I finally found them they where corroded to death. Managed to salvage the 12g loader. Im thinking of picking up a few of those old lee loaders just in case.
Figure 9 and 45 and 223 308.
I think I,have a 308 somewhere? Still going through boxes of my dads stuff.

That press will turn most people off. I learned on a lee reloader as a kid. Or the WhackOround press.
oh in one of the boxes , when I finally found them they where corroded to death. Managed to salvage the 12g loader. Im thinking of picking up a few of those old lee loaders just in case.
If you dont know what to expect, I can see how it will turn people off.

I knew it was going to be slow AF. My expectation was not to load 1K rounds in 2hrs.

But, it was a cheap way to figure out what I needed and what worked/didn't work. I think the press was like $50 and the dies around $50-80. Cheap way to start reloading and better than having nothing and waiting for a back order item.

After a while, after I bought two other presses, I used it for resizing only, I would take it to the living room and resize while watching TV. It is still good for this, for those large calibers I only use a single stage press.

Sweet, I got a confirmation number. Let's see if it gets canceled. Their site didn't crash, so I assume they have their sh*t together.

Edit:
Got the cancellation email. Brownells, you suck. Long live St. Larry.

Last edited:
gone, I must be cursed. I just went down to bring in the barrels. LRP are about the only thing I may need soon.
Seems LRP drop way more often than anything else. I started looking last week and managed to get some and skipped out on more because I don't shoot much rifle anymore.

I'm now on for the elusive SPP after just giving a bunch away lol

They are not cheap these days (scroll down, completed Ebay listings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom