Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there ANYONE on this list who can organize a buy and distribution of the booty?

Considering right now its nothing more that "I know a guy who knows a guy who might know a guy", probably not. And prices haven't been mentioned, just speculated, so theres that.

A group buy in this sub forum for this sub forum would be an easier assembly task, but would nowhere near put a dent in the projected incoming amount.

1. The first delivery is scheduled for 1/21. I would not recommend anyone do anything until that is in.

2. Prices have been quoted, and would be requoted before delivery. The first $1M came in a $38/K, but $.75 of that was shipping from the arrival point.

3. "I know a guy who knows a guy" translates to "I've known this guys father for decades, and the actual contact for somewhere between 5 and 10 years". I have not posted his name/company because he does this sort of thing as a favor, and I don't want to kill the goose that lays primer eggs.

2. Prices have been quoted, and would be requoted before delivery. The first $1M came in a $38/K, but $.75 of that was shipping from the arrival point.

3. "I know a guy who knows a guy" translates to "I've known this guys father for decades, and the actual contact for somewhere between 5 and 10 years". I have not posted his name/company because he does this sort of thing as a favor, and I don't want to kill the goose that lays primer eggs.

2- For what size. All sizes? Brand is still unknown or top secret of what its comparable to. If I have all my DA's set to Winchester, how does it compare to those as a break or ignition point?

3- Assuming out of state, and none of us aside from yourself know who it is, you can't expect people to commit to parting with $400 in advance especially if we've never met and end up having to drive 4 hours to drive to a secret meeting spot that also doubles as an underground moonshine distribution rally point.

Sub forum group buy would have to be regional to this armpit of a state. I've shot with the south shore guys, but have never met half of the north shore or western groups. The only center point would be the Mill unless you're traveling from the way-west pink-eye part of the state where its mostly Amish anyways.
Could probably even setup a pay-pal and avoid the group collection aspect of it so everything is back on the individual purchaser.
P.m. me something outside of the cloak and dagger hinting around stuff. Christ almighty.

Isn't there ANYONE on this list who can organize a buy and distribution of the booty?
I’ll volunteer to help the bookkeeping/pre-orders/escrow/payments if we can find someone to handle distribution and comply with all laws...I want cheap primers but not enough to end up as Bubba’s girlfriend..I have a pretty mouth and that won’t go well in the bighouse.

Another thought here..hasn’t the resale price floor been raised now that Beto will be in charge of gun policy (meaning primers arent going back to $25 a box in the next four years)?

I still can’t figure out why with the nationwide shortage, some large outfit isn’t bringing in any primer they can find anywhere in the world..

10 people buying 10K each gets you to 10% of the minimum order.
After all the bs after each election cycle/mass shooting, not to mention what's going on now. If a shooter/reloader only buys 10k primers in a group buy, they should just find another hobby and call it quits. Right after someone punches them square in the crotch for being such a cheap moron.

I have a friend like this. Over the summer I bought some primers. He wanted some. I asked how much, 5k or so? I got the old, "well they are kind of expensive and I don't shoot that much, so I would take 1k". Guess who's asking for primers now.

After all the bs after each election cycle/mass shooting, not to mention what's going on now. If a shooter/reloader only buys 10k primers in a group buy, they should just find another hobby and call it quits. Right after someone punches them square in the crotch for being such a cheap moron.

I have a friend like this. Over the summer I bought some primers. He wanted some. I asked how much, 5k or so? I got the old, "well they are kind of expensive and I don't shoot that much, so I would take 1k". Guess who's asking for primers now.
I agree but remember that even if you have a permit from the FD you are still limited to 10k primers.

What you buy, own and possess is up to the individual but on a open forum we all only have up to 10k. 😉 That’s why you keep things stored elsewhere.

Yeah I have friends that are like that with ammo and reloading stuff. They’re all now out of ammo/components or they’re paying the crazy prices for 9, 45, 223 etc. I just shake my head. I’ll never understand it.

Although Sympathy is behind Shit and Syphilis in the dictionary, try to have a bit. For people who have not been through sort of thing before, they may assume that a primer or ammo shortage is like the corner market being temporarily out of milk and they just have to wait for the next delivery that is coming soon.

When I got into reloading a couple years ago. I was 21, but the biggest thing I was told was to buy as many primers as I could store. Now my buddies that jumped into reloading with me are out of primers while I can still load rounds for some range time.

Although Sympathy is behind Shit and Syphilis in the dictionary, try to have a bit. For people who have not been through sort of thing before, they may assume that a primer or ammo shortage is like the corner market being temporarily out of milk and they just have to wait for the next delivery that is coming soon.
I have no sympathy. These guys cried during the last shortage. They didn't learn. I wasn't bitching about new shooters. The new shooters I know do in fact get some sympathy from me, along with ammo and components.
I am not a complete a**h***, only partial.

Larry has been dropping a good amount of LRP. Those #34s lasted a long time. I got in 15 minutes after the notification and still got 1k.

Yesterday was a good day. Managed 3 boxes of 9mm HP, 500 brick of .22lr, and 300 rounds of .223 at pre-covid prices, along with the primers. Just don't tell my wife.

Larry has been dropping a good amount of LRP. Those #34s lasted a long time. I got in 15 minutes after the notification and still got 1k.

Yesterday was a good day. Managed 3 boxes of 9mm HP, 500 brick of .22lr, and 300 rounds of .223 at pre-covid prices, along with the primers. Just don't tell my wife.
Nice. Did you buy the ammo online?

Nice. Did you buy the ammo online?
No, I headed up to BPS to pick up ice fishing line and walked through the ammo section and found a lot. Stopped by shooters outpost and picked up more and then happened upon more at another local shop. Just good luck. Also helps that I'm 18 minutes from BPS.

I did luck into finding 50 boxes of blazer 22lr on the CCI website last week though. I shoot a lot of .22.

Thanks again for the offer to help me with primers by the way. These 1k will last me forever now since I only shoot a handful of rifle rounds a month.

I have no sympathy. These guys cried during the last shortage. They didn't learn. I wasn't bitching about new shooters. The new shooters I know do in fact get some sympathy from me, along with ammo and components.
I am not a complete a**h***, only partial.
95% of shooters that have experienced a shortage before but too dumb to have stocked a little..... = massive skinflints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom