Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if they are in short supply or anyone is looking for them, but Bullseye in Woonsocket has a bunch of primers for the 50 cal. Also loaded 458 socom for what it is worth...

I've got about 300 rounds of it I loaded up months ago. 95gr Berry's bullets, mixed brass, CCI primers and honestly I don't recall what my charge of Titegroup is for 9x18 but it's not much more than what I use for .380, which is 3.0gr Titegroup for 95gr fmj. I want to say it's 3.4gr for 9x18 which is the same charge I use for .38spl lead 125gr bullets... I think... Haha. I need to just stick to 9x19 and .45 once and for all.
I feel like I last used Win231, but I'd have to check my notes. 95gr projectile though as well. It's a nice round, my Mak is East German.

The .50 Cal guys are laughing at everyone, they are the only primers in stock online.

Time to get a .50

Just got 30 rounds of .50 in the mail today! ;)
I’d like to take a deer from beyond 150 yards during ML this year. Let’s hope it’s a cold-ass snowy late December.
64FF0272-DF28-4E67-BD59-8688DE1BB6BE.jpeg

Shooting supply in Westport has a small quantity of primers in stock. Max 200 per customer. I picked up some Winchester SPM primers.

Shooting supply in Westport has a small quantity of primers in stock. Max 200 per customer. I picked up some Winchester SPM primers.

That's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick,
but - I'm loading mags for a match Saturday, round count looks like 150 or so, (final stages not published) - and I'm running two guns.
200 per customer is hardly worth the drive, unless you live close.

The offer:

If someone on NES will setup and maintain an email list for primer alerts I'll have my bot that scans the not to be mentioned vendor for "in stock" on the primers page send notices to it. That person would have to maintain the list; guard it against enemy incursion; flooding by non-NES users (if it gets posted to a national forum, we would have thousands of subscribers), etc.

Anyone feel like doing it?

Heritage in West Warwick, RI has a few bricks of CCI 200 (Large Rifle) $42 ($44.94 with 7% sales tax).
Shot shell primers also available. Pretty good supply of powders.

Have for me

Likewise. I've never discarded a live primer that I've removed from a case other than the one I pushed in sideways (doh!) and a couple that got buggered up because I was trying to force them into Herters brass. I don't think I've ever had a primer in a reload not go off. I don't remember it, anyway.

I was just at Shooter's Outpost and they have primers. 1000 of each type max. $35/k. I don't know if that's per order or per day but it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't go outside then come back in and buy more. People who do that are part of the problem.

Yup I know, but I need some to start working up some loads for the GP100 I just bought.

Speaking of GP100's, my Model 27-9 went back to Smith and Wesson a second time, this time with a broken hammer pivot pin (?!), and I decided awhile back that I like shooting the 6.5" Model 27 with the irons anyway. So I had this nice Leupold 4x pistol scope doing nothing. I'd never been able to shoot my GP100 all that accurately, but when I had put a red dot on it for awhile in the past, I had discovered, to my surprise, that it was a very accurate gun. Not sure why I suck so bad with the iron sights on it, but let me get to the point. I decided to mount the Leupold 4x on my 4.2" GP100 using a Weigand rail and steel Burris rings (with the plastic inserts). It's a very solid setup. I took it to the range today to sight in the scope, and man, it's super accurate. I was mainly focused on getting it zeroed and because of an aching shoulder didn't have the patience to shoot groups, but with the way it shot while sighting in, I'm pretty sure it would do a 1" group or better at 25 yards, no problem. This was with 158 grain (Zero) JHPs over HS-6.

I was just at Shooter's Outpost and they have primers. 1000 of each type max. $35/k. I don't know if that's per order or per day but it doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't go outside then come back in and buy more. People who do that are part of the problem.
I was up there this afternoon too and grabbed 1k of SRP (since I can also use those in place of SPP). Picked up an 8# jug of CFE BLK that I'll use for 300 Blackout. They have some powder on hand, but it would be a good idea to call ahead to see if they have what you want before making a trip (if that's all you're going for).

Good to see some stores are not taking advantage of customers due to the short supply.

Speaking of GP100's, my Model 27-9 went back to Smith and Wesson a second time, this time with a broken hammer pivot pin (?!),
BTDT with a 686.

The fix will look good from the outside but if you take the sideplate off and remove the internal lockwork you will see ugly peening done with hand tools on the inside of the gun.

And if you think removing the sideplate involved prying it off, don't go there.

And if you think removing the sideplate involved prying it off, don't go there.

I would never. The 27-9 has that 4th screw at the top, anyway, so the side plate falls off more readily than modern K and L frames with just a single tap of the butt on the mat. We'll see how it goes. It will be interesting to see if the trigger sucks again like it did in the beginning.

If its what I'm thinking, you'll be getting a new frame
Unlikely. BTDT. new pivot pins have a wide fitting where they go into the frame. They are staked in, crudely peened in around the edge with a punch, and the outside of the gun repolished.

Unlikely. BTDT. new pivot pins have a wide fitting where they go into the frame. They are staked in, crudely peened in around the edge with a punch, and the outside of the gun repolished.

Well it’s taking long enough. I know it’s been in the evaluate and repair state at least all this week, if not extending back further (not hounding them). If they had a mind to give me a new frame, seems like the explanation would be that they don’t have any on hand, whereas if they have to refinish a highly polished blued frame, that would take some days to process.

I have 2 guns left in 9x18. Guns chambered in that caliber don't tend to be ideal for most of the competitions I shoot. Remember I asked you a few years back to sell me back the Bulgy Mak I sold you, what, 10 years ago? You declined. Some Comrade you are!! :)
I have about 12,000 CCI SPP's right now but they go quick.
No plastic stocks on my MAK90 at this time, which is the only AK I own. That's the real sacrilege.

don't feel bad, I never sold a Mak to any one, ever and not planning on it, but I'd gladly buy your remaining Maks and ammo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom