• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to Shooters Outpost, all out of small pistol standard primers. They had small pistol magnum, large pistol and rifle primers. Limit 1000
Someone told me today that SO had crates of 12k Fiocchi Pistol primers in stock last week and no limits. Not sure how true that is.

FYI I just got a note that CCI small pistol primers are in stock at midway USA (it looks like as of right now this is true).

limit 1 per customer, but given what I see these going for some places right now, figured I would put this here.
In stock!!

Edit: took less than 30 min to sell out.

Last edited:
Yup. I took advantage of the Winchester primer sales and rebates back in late 2018 ($24 per 1k shipped) as well as buying 24k Fiocchi primers (split with friends) from Shooters Outpost in April. Then I scored 5300 pistol primers from a guy local to me last week.
I probably have enough to last me the next 3-4 years at the rate I'm shooting.
This is how you should be stocking, now if tou can get into the habbit of dropping some cash in a box in your ammo storage bin you “buy” your ammo from yourself and you have cash on hand to restock. I start looking for deals and restock around 1/3 through supply
Right now my -06 and 308 reloads coat me around .34 each so im buying my reloads off myself for .50
Should off set the increased prices come the next big bulk order
I did pick up 1000 FLR match primers and 1lb of 2400 with some of that cash. I decided anytime I drive bu a shop and they have what I need im just going to grab it

Last edited:
Correction:
I misread the receipt. The price for the primers was $39.90. I was reading the price on the next item on the receipt.
Sorry for any confusion.
But 39.90 that's almost 40
I snagged Federal match primers as they where only a few $ more than pre covid and only $8 more than regular so why not ? its the better deal in the end?
I went through this back post newtown. No 22lr anywhere except the high end match stuff which was still the same price as pre New... So I stocked up a little on that.

FYI I just got a note that CCI small pistol primers are in stock at midway USA (it looks like as of right now this is true).

limit 1 per customer, but given what I see these going for some places right now, figured I would put this here.
Got an email at 1:15 this morning that Winchester SPP were in stock...of course I was asleep so I couldn’t snag any before they sold out.

Last edited:
why the hell am i not getting these notifications? i just went to the midway site, figured i missed something when i signed up for the notifications but i got a message box saying they were already in place. gonna have to call midway and see whats wrong.

why the hell am i not getting these notifications? i just went to the midway site, figured i missed something when i signed up for the notifications but i got a message box saying they were already in place. gonna have to call midway and see whats wrong.
You have to renew the notifications each time. They expire once you get the initial back in stock email.
10FBD6DC-5015-407F-A03E-BDD1EA4522D0.jpeg

You have to renew the notifications each time. They expire once you get the initial back in stock email.
that seems to apply only if you get the notifications, i never received one...ever. as i said, when i went to confirm my notification requests it said my requests were already active. i'm confused...hello mr. potterfield! [laugh]

that seems to apply only if you get the notifications, i never received one...ever. as i said, when i went to confirm my notification requests it said my requests were already active. i'm confused...hello mr. potterfield! [laugh]
That's lame. Hopefully they can fix it.

For anyone who is on the hunt for 9mm projectiles. I just ordered 3000 (6 boxes of 500) 147 gr from x-treme bullets and I spoke to a person on the phone who confirmed they have over 6k boxes (of 500) in stock.

I have never shot them before so I can't speak to their quality but they seem to be pretty standard copper plated 147gr RN 9mm boolets and they were 45 bucks per 500 with free shipping if you're a first time customer.

Maybe we should start an "in-stock components" thread that runs. People could post when something is instock they think is hard to find then if another member confirms they are sold out by quoting the post, the OP for that product could edit post accordingly. It is a little hard to imagine how this would succeed long term without becoming disorganized but it could be helpful for NESers starving for components....

For anyone who is on the hunt for 9mm projectiles. I just ordered 3000 (6 boxes of 500) 147 gr from x-treme bullets and I spoke to a person on the phone who confirmed they have over 6k boxes (of 500) in stock.

I have never shot them before so I can't speak to their quality but they seem to be pretty standard copper plated 147gr RN 9mm boolets and they were 45 bucks per 500 with free shipping if you're a first time customer.

Maybe we should start an "in-stock components" thread that runs. People could post when something is instock they think is hard to find then if another member confirms they are sold out by quoting the post, the OP for that product could edit post accordingly. It is a little hard to imagine how this would succeed long term without becoming disorganized but it could be helpful for NESers starving for components....
I've been using x-treme 135 grain hollow points (9 mm) and 230 grain round nose (.45 ACP) for years and they run great.

Reactions: jpm

I've been buying 124 grn plated from XTreme and from Berry's. I can't tell the difference.

Xtreme bullets are great, I've been using them for years now in 9mm, 45, & 10mm. Its all I use for 45.

And the 135gr 9mm bullets work great in cabines!

Good intentions on your part but we shouldn't be posting vendors who ship ammo/components to us peons behind enemy lines...I also realize that not everyone on NES lives behind enemy lines but we certainly don't want to ruin it for those that do.

Yes I've violated that "rule" already by posting in this thread [laugh] regarding midway . I dunno. It's risky and I'm not sure how we could do it. Maybe we could post "hey a vendor has CCI small pistol primers in stock PM for the info?" I did that in the Targetsportsusa thread regarding vendors with 9mm and 5.56 ammo in stock.

The barriers to entry for making bullets are lower than the obstacles to making primers, powders, or brass so there are dozens of bullet companies out there making everything from plain lead to plated to actual jacketed FMJ and JHP projectiles. You can even make bullets at home, but good luck making primers powder or brass.

Same dude. But I got a notification for something I didnt care.

Interesting though there is much powder to be had...easier to hoard primers because why???
Let's use 9mm reduced loads as an example.

For competition, I use 3.0 grains of N320. One pound of powder gives me around 2,333 rounds.

If I have 8lbs, that is around 18,664 rounds.

I can easily buy 8lbs of powder. It is a lot harder to find 18K primers.

Even if I find one pound of powder, I will be good to go for a couple of months.

Stopped by Outback Arms today. He has a ton of powder in stock of all assortments.

He also had several manufactureprimers he had a few thousand large pistol,
Several thousand large rifle,
A few thousand small rifle,
A few thousand small rifle magnum.

Stopped by Outback Arms today. He has a ton of powder in stock of all assortments.

He also had several manufactureprimers he had a few thousand large pistol,
Several thousand large rifle,
A few thousand small rifle,
A few thousand small rifle magnum.
Shhhh, I just came up with a few bucks to spend ....

Damn good price. The box doesn't look all that old either.

That dealer is gone but when they were in business they were always the cheapest. When I was paying $14.00 everyone else had them for $18.00 to $20.00 and thought that was a good deal.

They didn't close because they were to cheap they closed because the didn't dot their i's and cross their t's with the ATF.

All these shortages and desperate searches got me a little worried about what I actually have left on-hand for reloading components & primers.
I haven't had any free time in ages (like years), to do any reloading.

😴 + 🤔 = SH*T! 😟😯😮

So I nervously went and checked my inventory (I have not made any "bulk" reloading component purchases since 2013,
but have bought some small stuff since then).

wew 😅 = Scared myself .... thankfully I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom