• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note, I got an e-mail from "Super Awesome Online Retailer" saying they'll now be tracking transactions, because while you could only order X amount at once, it didn't stop anyone from placing multiple orders.

So at least they're trying to keep people honest.

I wonder how many of these primer sellers have a Hazmat shipping contract with a common carrier?

Most, maybe all, common carries do not support "Walk in" hazmat shipping, but you need to have a "hazmat shipping contract".

I am especially suspicious of "2,000 primers .... $15 shipping"
1595471517813.jpeg
$160 for 1k primers

Shipping is a “flat $10”....interesting that there’s no hazmat. This seller is probably going to ship it USPS [rofl]

• Haha
Reactions: jpm
The source referred to earlier on rifol.org still has large pistol primers (Tula and S&B) for $20 per 1K.
I just grabbed three more boxes today.

I grabbed the sole 1K box of Federal Small Pistol primers today at the Fishy Amateur Store. Saw them in a box in the freight elevator and grabbed them. $39.99 and a meager 7% discount.. they never even saw the sales floor. 😁

Shipping is a “flat $10”....interesting that there’s no hazmat. This seller is probably going to ship it USPS [rofl]

Guaranteed he's going to throw those in a flat rate priority box. So many federal charges, so little time!

I grabbed the sole 1K box of Federal Small Pistol primers today at the Fishy Amateur Store. Saw them in a box in the freight elevator and grabbed them. $39.99 and a meager 7% discount.. they never even saw the sales floor. 😁
Nice!!

I wonder how many of these primer sellers have a Hazmat shipping contract with a common carrier?

Most, maybe all, common carries do not support "Walk in" hazmat shipping, but you need to have a "hazmat shipping contract".

I am especially suspicious of "2,000 primers .... $15 shipping"
I think they can absorb the the hazmat in the price of the primers, I mean really whos going to pay $25 haz mat on top of the $400 for 2000 primers....wtf is wrong with people.

Outback arm had primers of all flavors , no idea of limitations prices are ok , heck I dont think they went up ?
Powder well stocked except the popular 8lb jugs.

I think they can absorb the the hazmat in the price of the primers, I mean really whos going to pay $25 haz mat on top of the $400 for 2000 primers....wtf is wrong with people.
It't not the hazmat fee, but logistics. If this is an opportunist individual rather than an ongoing business, the seller will not have a hazmat contract. You can't just walk into a UPS depot, pay the hazmat, and ship. They need a contract on file in which you have agreed to be totally responsible for all costs relating to any hazmat spill or leakage en-route.

It't not the hazmat fee, but logistics. If this is an opportunist individual rather than an ongoing business, the seller will not have a hazmat contract. You can't just walk into a UPS depot, pay the hazmat, and ship. They need a contract on file in which you have agreed to be totally responsible for all costs relating to any hazmat spill or leakage en-route.
I see, good to know

Small Rifle primers work nicely in pistol loads except if you have a revolver tuned for very light hits. I don't even use Small Pistol primers when they are available, as the SR work nicely in Fotay and 38 Super and are arguably better in higher pressure loads because of the slightly harder cup.

The same is not true of Large Pistol vs. Large Rifle primers, as the later has a deeper cup.

Last edited:
I'll second Outback in Plympton as I just left there a little while ago. Fed , SB, and some CCI primers as well as a nice selection of powders . The only rifle powders I've used are h335 and h4350 and they had both.

I would have dropped even more money if that Savage Elite was in 6.5

I'll second Outback in Plympton as I just left there a little while ago. Fed , SB, and some CCI primers as well as a nice selection of powders . The only rifle powders I've used are h335 and h4350 and they had both.

I would have dropped even more money if that Savage Elite was in 6.5

Theres a place I keep forgetting about. Never thought to check at all. I'll have to remember next time I'm down that way.

Outback has been well stocked with powder but the last few times I stopped in there was very little primer selection.
I saw every variety SP,LP, SR, LR, Match, magnum......quantity range from 100 packs to bricks. If I find myself that way tomorrow I might buy some just cause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom