Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI I just got a note that CCI small pistol primers are in stock at midway USA (it looks like as of right now this is true).

limit 1 per customer, but given what I see these going for some places right now, figured I would put this here.

Reactions: jek
That's ridiculous, at what point is it just cheaper to buy ammo?

My cost calculator says 12.86/50 still cheaper to reload lol.

There are gun broker auctions closing for 650 bucks for 5k primers right now.

(originally posted by someone else in the classifieds)

Dayum!!! Unreal. Just what we need in 2020, 400% mark-up on primers. Guess I should take inventory on my primers and see how many thousand I am down to.

Hey, for $1300 I can have an Anderson lower and 5000 primers.

Tempting aint it?
13 hours left and currently at $235 plus $15 shipping for 2,000 SPP!!!?? JFC this is nuts.

That's 12 cents per primer!!! People are retarded.

Makes me think had I just bought all of the Fiocchi small pistol primers, instead of just 24k, at Shooters Outpost back in March/April I could have made some good money [laugh] . They had 5 or 6 cases of 12k primers at that time...

I wonder how many of these primer sellers have a Hazmat shipping contract with a common carrier?

Most, maybe all, common carries do not support "Walk in" hazmat shipping, but you need to have a "hazmat shipping contract".

I am especially suspicious of "2,000 primers .... $15 shipping"

I wonder how many of these primer sellers have a Hazmat shipping contract with a common carrier?

Most, maybe all, common carries do not support "Walk in" hazmat shipping, but you need to have a "hazmat shipping contract".

I am especially suspicious of "2,000 primers .... $15 shipping"
Yeah I'd be suspicious of that auction too.

I think back to 2012/2013 when I first got my press after Sandy Hook. I had plenty of brass, powder, and bullets but no primers. I bought some on Gunbroker and paid like 5-6 cents each shipped. I was naive and had no idea what a "good" price was for primers so I didn't mind paying that price. Now I'm reminiscing of how we're back to that same panic situation but only worse...

Well if any of you component hoarding gun nuts ;) decides to hook a brother up in these trying times, I'm your guy!

I can tell you this, after this wacko time is over I won't get caught without components again. Hate to think I might not be able to shoot because I am short on primers and I cant find any damn 9mm ammo!

Like an idiot/grasshopper/ostrich I've had my press for about a year, but have never taken the time to set it up or source components... because over the past year, ammo has been ridiculously cheap and plentiful. I even took Eddies reloading class last year, and still didn't get motivated to do it. I'm an idiot and I blame myself for being lazy.
So, now I'm gathering what I need to get up and running as soon as primers come back to the supply chain and the prices retreat to "normal".

This reminded me I'm low on 223 bullets
Put an order in for 1k - would have gone for more but wanted to keep the budget open in case a cheap 12g comes up.

13 hours left and currently at $235 plus $15 shipping for 2,000 SPP!!!?? JFC this is nuts.

That's 12 cents per primer!!! People are retarded.

Makes me think had I just bought all of the Fiocchi small pistol primers, instead of just 24k, at Shooters Outpost back in March/April I could have made some good money [laugh] . They had 5 or 6 cases of 12k primers at that time...
Currently $455. WHAT THE f***!?!

I've got a box (1000) of CCI Large Rifle Magnum primers I have no use for if anyone's interested. I'd trade it for some other flavor of non-magnum primers or maybe small pistol magnums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom